• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Where to buy uhmw?

Jon Piper

I'm finally getting around to doing a skid for the Sammy and was curious where are you guys buying Uhmv ? I half way looked the other night and some of that crap was HIGH !

Re: Where to buy Uhmv ?

probably have to buy it in 4'x8' sheets. I don't know where you are at, but see if you can find a Sabic polymnershapes, total plastics, or piedmont plastics. We use to deal with Sabic the most when we had our carnival game business. They should be able to get you a quote on some, maybe split a sheet with someone else?

fire6945 said:
probably have to buy it in 4'x8' sheets. I don't know where you are at, but see if you can find a Sabic polymnershapes, total plastics, or piedmont plastics. We use to deal with Sabic the most when we had our carnival game business. They should be able to get you a quote on some, maybe split a sheet with someone else?

Thank you for the info. I may see if any of them have any sheet cut incorrectly etc

TacomaJD said:
What's the difference between uhmv and uhmw?

Me not typing the correct letter molaugh

I buy most of my plastics for Piedmont plastics in Nashville, they are a little high but usually have everything in stock.That being said why not just use aluminum?

Elliott said:
I buy most of my plastics for Piedmont plastics in Nashville, they are a little high but usually have everything in stock.That being said why not just use aluminum?

I was impressed with how slickem the stuff was when we had the rzr, but at the prices I've seen I may have to go with alum instead

kmcminn said:
How big a piece are you looking for?

I don't have an exact measurement yet, I was going to just buy a sheet and have extra but I dunno about all that. I'm going to measure it out and look for pieces on eBay e