• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Where to find Toyota seals/bearings, etc..

JThompson

I know the title is vague, but I am consistantly suprised how difficult it is for me to find rebuild parts for the Toyota. Some places are much better than others. Online is obviously a good source, but I want it NOW. I have always liked NAPA, but when it comes to foreign vehicles their eyes glaze over and form a stutter. I mean, they have almost nothing that I want. Alot of the seals for the Toy solid axle, none of the local parts stores have them in stock. Sometimes they cannot even find the part numbers.
I may just have to go to Toyota, where ironically, all the parts and seals are usually cheaper (?!)
I mean, it's not like there are a bazillion Toys running around or anything....:rolleyes:I think Olympic in Snohomish is probably my best bet, and I know this. I just want to see if anybody has any favorite places around the area that regularly stocks anything other than 350ci parts.
Thanks! :awesomework:

I've had good luck with Olympic Offroad in Tacoma for those axle bearings/seals. I think they just got 'em from Toyota, but at a discount.

Odie's (Megatoy66) got TG Knuckle rebuild kits for the axles in stock....nice product/includes kingpin brngs/races!!! Not sure if he's got wheels brng kits though.... Hit him up...:awesomework::cool:

Billy Bobs Offroad has lots of Toyota seals and rebuild kits in stock. They are in Milton by Wild Waves. 253-926-0447

Sorry to admit but I had good luck at Smucks........ I got a TG knuckle kit from Odie but I jacked up one of the axle seals installing it. Napa didn't have wheel bearings or seals but I looked them up online and it turned out Schucks had SKF wheel bearings, races, wheel seals, and axle seals in stock. They have another brand in stock that are cheaper but they looked really cheap.

When looking up axle seals for a front at NAPA, the listing is WRONG!!!(at least at the bham,ferndale, everson, and lynden stores... and they had to order it!!!:stirpot:) Brought in the old seal to the bham store, measured it, and lo and behold, they had the right seal the whole time!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad:

Look them up yourself on The Schucks website then give the # to Napa to cross. Napa online is Ok but most stores don't show price and avail. I have an account w/ Standard auto parts(Napa) and on many parts Schucks online price is cheaper than my discounted Napa price. Many times for the same manufacture. Just remember to reference the website and price or they will charge you more. Straight Axle seals were right on. Wheel seals for my Dmax were not even close to right.

Skf was $9 which is higher than if ordered online but I needed one now. I had new Longs to install dammit! When I needed a window reg. for my Dmax Napa was $15 higher than Schucks even at cost (same brand). Ended up Chewing on Napa to lower the price.

Paid $4.62 ea at NAPA!:fawkdancesmiley: but that was cuz they screwed up...made 'em eat the cost to get the correct ones...normally the right one are $9....

Last edited:
I got my rebuild kit for me engine at rocker arm supply out of Spokane. All my axle rebuild parts are coming from either TG or Marlin.

OEM.
bearings are hit and miss, but for all the other stuff, OEM.
(HD inner seals and rock rings from marlin otherwise)

F-ing Marlin is out of stock on almost everything. Not sure what's up with that.
From now on I'm calling Odie and getting TG stuff. Seems he has it all and he's only 20min from me.

It's nice having true commercial accounts. Not just "commercial" accounts at retail shops.

Some prices to make you guys cry.

FJ80 outer tie rods OEM yep Toyota part 14.00 each (doesn't come with a jam nut)

Seals and bearings for the Toyota axles are a couple bucks each.

Quality Nippon (Denso) oil filters. Yep the CORRECT Toyota O.E. Japanese ones 1.75 each

OEM ignition cap, 2.19 rotor, 1.19

Air filters are 4.89? Something like that for O.E.

The guy I get my 22R/22RE engine rebuild kits from pays 159 Each full kit. Which includes EVERYTHING to rebuild a motor except cam. And we arn't talking junk here. It's good quality stuff. A person could actually buy kits for less if you don't want quality parts.

This winter when buisness was slow he was able to purchase 1,000 BRAND NEW Toyota 22R/22RE heads for 110.00 EACH. His normal cost is 139 Each

For you guys who have UBI numbers

Altrom (group) is where I get all my OEM parts. Napa purchased 40 percent of Altrom to get it's buying power. MOST Japanese parts sold through Napa are from Altrom only at 10X the price.
http://www.altrom.com/

RJ Templeton is a wholesaler for Rock engine parts. Rock doesn't sell direct wholesale. :booo:
http://portland.citysearch.com/profile/8469649/portland_or/r_j_templeton_co.html

Jobber services is another great wholesale only company.
http://www.jobbersservice.com/

ITM Direct is also awsome
http://www.itmengine.com/