• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Which coil overs to run

I really like the idea of the external adjustable compressor at the resi. I have considered replacing my resi's with those if it is possible. That would allow finer adjustments after getting the vavle stack close or if you were on a track or area requiring a little stiffer or softer damping.

Ben, those Fox shocks are intriguing. I have been interested in them for a bit now but they are pretty expensive if I remember correctly.

I like the dual speed adjustments that you can make on the fly. I just wonder if there is enough adjustment to tell the difference around here trail ridding.

We sell a bunch of Fox product, but I have not had any first hand experience with these shocks.

bbone said:
Kinda in the same boat here...have FOA co, want to upgrade..have talked to Adam already...was about to buy some Radflo's...and still might..these intrigue me...anyone have any experience with the Fox co that you can adjust on the fly? Worth it? Just a hype/marketing?

http://www.ridefox.com/product.php?m=offroad&t=shocks&p=3392&ref=filter

This is a pretty common feature in dirt late model shocks. I know on them you can see a big difference with just changing clicks.

RustyC said:
I really like the idea of the external adjustable compressor at the resi. I have considered replacing my resi's with those if it is possible. That would allow finer adjustments after getting the vavle stack close or if you were on a track or area requiring a little stiffer or softer damping.
:wtflol:

Looks like for 420 a shock you can upgrade.

One last question. I'm about ready to pull the trigger on some shocks. For my application (crawling,trail riding, etc) is it worth the extra money for the remote reservoir or just go with emulsion?

pholmann said:
One last question. I'm about ready to pull the trigger on some shocks. For my application (crawling,trail riding, etc) is it worth the extra money for the remote reservoir or just go with emulsion?
Emulsion will be fine and easier since there is no hose and resi to deal with.
Ps put the shrader valve to the inside if at all possible even if it makes is harder to get to you shouldn't haveto play with nitrogen like airshocks

I have had king emulsions on the back of my jeep for three years now and no issues to report

al1tonyota said:
Emulsion will be fine and easier since there is no hose and resi to deal with.
Ps put the shrader valve to the inside if at all possible even if it makes is harder to get to you shouldn't haveto play with nitrogen like airshocks

Good to know. Also do 16" travel shocks take 2-16" springs? If not how do I know how long to get em? One of my best friends is a dealer for pac springs so I can get them at cost so I probably won't buy with the springs on them unless I can pick up a set of lightly used.

Re: Re: Which coil overs to run

pholmann said:
Good to know. Also do 16" travel shocks take 2-16" springs? If not how do I know how long to get em? One of my best friends is a dealer for pac springs so I can get them at cost so I probably won't buy with the springs on them unless I can pick up a set of lightly used.
For the most part people try to run 2" longer than travel lower springs so they don't drop off the shock body at full droop.
So 18" lower and 16" upper