• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Which rad. fan and trans cooler??????

nealcj8

I am building a new rig and I was wondering which fan every body was running and which tranny cooler?? 6.0 motor and th400 tranny.

Don't buy proform fans from Summit. Both failed on Bombshell. Wires came loose from the motor internally.
Replaced them with Derale fans. Much better for a few bucks more.

Kevin did you swap to a automatic? I've had a couple of the black magic fans and had good luck with them also. I found a flexalite transmission cooler on summit I might try.

nealcj8 said:
Kevin did you swap to a automatic? I've had a couple of the black magic fans and had good luck with them also. I found a flexalite transmission cooler on summit I might try.

Yeah I did th350, Hughes 2500 stall, lokar locking dipstick, hd flexplate, Derale cooler, b & m magnum pro grip.

http://m.summitracing.com/parts/der-13900

On my radiator I bought a combo with fan and shroud made for it. Still playing with thermostats and all to get this tuned in

On my tranny I had a tube type but it wouldn't cool it so went to a derale with fan. Now I can't make it get over 180. It works awesome

Not sure if you are racing or trail riding, but I'm running CBR in the new race car. If you are racing consider an oil cooler as I have read where oil temps are running into the 260's with an egine temp of 200.

My aluminum radiator came with a shroud and two cheap 12 inch fans. The we're not enough so I replaced them with two SPAL 30103202 12 inch fans. Haven't been on a ride with them yet but so far the engine will get warm enough to kick them on and then they cool enough to kick back off. That never happened before. Have ran a Derale cooler with fan for the trans from the start and it has never got hot.

Mortalis5509 said:
Not sure if you are racing or trail riding, but I'm running CBR in the new race car. If you are racing consider an oil cooler as I have read where oil temps are running into the 260's with an egine temp of 200.

I am only trail riding.

I would really look at a oem factory fan setup, off something late model! go look around at a junk yard and find something that will fit your radiator, they seem to always pull more air than any aftermarket fan and they are lots quieter! I know 05 and up GM trucks, SUV's came with a dual fan setup.

Really good fans on the Volvos. 1995 Volvo 850 2.4L radiator cooling fan. Part # VO3115105 look for the curved blades.

One other point you might want to consider. Stacked plate coolers seem to be a little better than conventional tube fin style. Feel free to search it on pirate. It was discussed there extensively many years ago.

What you vote on this.
Single 4,000 cfm fan or dual 2,000 cfm fans? I have read all over the place with no real conclusion. With the dual fans you draw twice the amps but have a backup if one goes down but single draws less amps and pulls same air.

I almost have my cooling where it will stay cool and I can keep it around 200-210 but want it to stay there for a good beat down. Will run about 180 now until you get on small hills or short climbs and won't cool fast but I believe 100% it's my fan since it only flows 1500 cfm.