• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Which welder

bushhog750 said:
I would buy a used welder and as you stated I could get a little more machine for my money but I don't know enough about a mig machine to know if I'm buying someone else's problem. That's really the only reason I'm planning on buying new is so I know it's new and I know what it's been out thru and that it will be cared for. If hate to spend that amount money and buy someone else's piece of ****. I have looked at Craigslist for a month or better now looking for a deal.

I certainly understand that concern.

-Dan

bushhog750 said:
I would buy a used welder and as you stated I could get a little more machine for my money but I don't know enough about a mig machine to know if I'm buying someone else's problem. That's really the only reason I'm planning on buying new is so I know it's new and I know what it's been out thru and that it will be cared for. If hate to spend that amount money and buy someone else's piece of ****. I have looked at Craigslist for a month or better now looking for a deal.
Most welding supply stores sell used refurbished machines. They're tested and usually have a small warranty with them.

Re: Re: Which welder

5a7ydaha.jpg

If/when I'm able to buy one this is what I'll get millermatic 212 autoset from cyberweld.com they also have this
eru6u4u5.jpg

"Through Christ all things are possible"

Ive had my thermal arc 210 fabricator series for 4 years and love it! Dutybcycle is killer plus it came with a tweco lead. Burns just as good as the blues and reds but a little less pricey.

I just borrow a battery and jumper cables from 747 when i need to do some welding.

Re: Re: Re: Which welder

smurfy90 said:
I just bought a millermatic 212 autoset and love it!
that is very good to hear lol I seriously want a millermatic 212 autoset

"Through Christ all things are possible"

I just went thought this same debate 3 weeks ago I also went with the 212 . It's a great welder so far . And I was like you just having a old thunderbolt .

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

yankster said:
My experience is the Millers are a bit smoother and the Lincolns are a bit tougher.

That is what i have been told more than once on Miller vs Lincoln.

I have an ESAB Migmaster 250. Wide Open Design uses one also.

Latest posts