• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

who can make this ?

I can make it, but for $52.00 you are much better off buying it there. The piece of stock is probably 20-25.00 then programing time, machine time and so on just doesn't add up.

So instead of paying $78 shipped to your door, you are hoping to find someone with a machine capable of such designs, to make you one and get it to you (chances are they are not your next door neighbor) and them make a profit off of the labor time to make such a mount, all for less than $78?

I'm a cheapskate with the best of them when it comes to saving money, but something like that, I'd just pay the $78 for a quality product shipped to my door instead of all the hassle to try to save maybe $20 or so at best.

TacomaJD said:
So instead of paying $78 shipped to your door, you are hoping to find someone with a machine capable of such designs, to make you one and get it to you (chances are they are not your next door neighbor) and them make a profit off of the labor time to make such a mount, all for less than $78?

I'm a cheapskate with the best of them when it comes to saving money, but something like that, I'd just pay the $78 for a quality product shipped to my door instead of all the hassle to try to save maybe $20 or so at best.

X2

TacomaJD said:

IF you had a dxf file and could find someone with a plasma table, I still doubt you'd get it for less than $75-100

I have a lexan template of the cutout and bolt pattern that I use to make them... By hand with a plasma cutter and drill press. I'll make one for myself if I ever need another one, but I wouldn't make one and sell it for $50.

I don't think anyone was offended. Just trying to show you the easiest and most cost effective thing to do is just buy the piece you've found online.

I actually ran one pretty close to that design for a season. Im not a fan of that design kept breaking bolts and or stripping the bolts out of the back of the case. Just think that is supporting the back of your tcase that is made of cast aluminum and if your running a doubler which I am, that's a good chunk of torque. I switched to bomb proof mounts under the range box and under the tcase. Never had a problem after switching just something to ponder on. pretty sure I scraped the one I had.

Re:

Ya I had bad luck with mine also if you do run one put the bushings as close to the case as possible that will help

I never had problem with that style, but I ran basically solid motor mounts, and a full cage/buggy chassis welded to the stock frame.

My friend mike runs an actual FROR cross member and it broke due to fore/-aft movement in the drivetrain. He is running stock motor mounts.

I'm a machinist by trade and work 40hours a week machineing , I do my own tabs beadlocks etc. But people ask me all the time what I can make things for, one or two things is expensive to make on a mill, most companies crank out with plasma table or the like and make a lot more parts and can pass that price on, like stated, machine time , material etc is much higher then people think , I even buy some tabs now and beadlock rings etc. Cuz I can sometimes get it cheaper already made then I can buy the stock for :****:

TacomaJD said:

Absolutely^^^ If that $52 part and shipping is a road block, you might want to consider a different route, cause it doesn't get any easier than that!

DirtMonkey said:
Absolutely^^^ If that $52 part and shipping is a road block, you might want to consider a different route, cause it doesn't get any easier than that!

Friends constantly ask me hey when you get time make this or that. People do not get the concept of how much time is involved with programing and setup. Had a close friend ask me to make him a 1" carb spacer recently, for the price on ebay for a std 4150 1" spacer i wouldnt even starting drawing one on surfcam lol. People think its a magic box you just throw a plank piece of stock in and hit the green button.

pushrod-racing said:
Friends constantly ask me hey when you get time make this or that. People do not get the concept of how much time is involved with programing and setup. Had a close friend ask me to make him a 1" carb spacer recently, for the price on ebay for a std 4150 1" spacer i wouldnt even starting drawing one on surfcam lol. People think its a magic box you just throw a plank piece of stock in and hit the green button.

I worked in a fairly small machine shop at a big aerospace company with mostly white collar employees with no idea of what it takes to build parts. We actually had a guy tell a group of new hires touring our shop that the engineers design the parts, then send it to the machine via a cable and we (machinists) just put a piece of stock in there, hit the green button and the machine builds the part. Very insulting. I wish it were that easy.

As for the FROR style mount, I'm personally not a fan of these at all.

If anyone wants the file I'll email them the dxf when I return home from overseas. Or I can rip one out on the cnc.

This rig also has the stock mount in the middle fyi, no way I'd hang it just off the back.