• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Who has SX's for cheap?

Thats what I have heard as well, but I don't know. It seems it depends on who you talk to about it. Mine is driven to and from the trails as well.

~T.J.

Brian H.....

are you sectioning in big patches in sidewalls??

I've got a couple big swampers that need some sidewall love.....nothing much worse that what Mike's shown...

what's this gonna cost me? (one is in an OLD 42" TSL, the other in a newer 44" bogger)

--Berne

I know how to patch the tread area of a tire, but it was my understanding from when I worked in tire shops (long before I started working for Uncle Sam's yacht club) that the sidewalls could not be patched because the tire flex would prevent it from holding properly. The TSL's are on a rig that needs to be driven to the trail as I don't have a towrig or trailer. I am thinking that I should just try and plug it. At the least I am sure that there is someone that would need these tires for their trail only rig.

Tires that i fix are for offroad only. I dont need to be sued over a wreck on the main road. I trust my work and dont expect my repairs to fail ....i just need to cover my arse.

Brian H.....

are you sectioning in big patches in sidewalls??

I've got a couple big swampers that need some sidewall love.....nothing much worse that what Mike's shown...

what's this gonna cost me? (one is in an OLD 42" TSL, the other in a newer 44" bogger)

--Berne

Call me.....pmed you my number.

Is patching it from the inside and running a Tube an option? I've been running a tube in one of mine for about a year now.

I cut 2 SXs at the same time almost exactly like your pic. I think it was on a bent over fence post under the snow. Plugged and inside patched(about 6" square), then turned that to the inside. Worked great.

whats the hole size limits for you to fix? I got a good huge flapped SX. about a 6" gash with a 2" leg off it kinda "L" shaped. Offroad only of course. damn tire has 95% tread depth.

Post a pic of it with a tape measure in the pic so i can tell how big the injury is.

Latest posts