• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Who in Chattanooga is good at settin up gears

krackem

Build-Bend-Weld-Break -Repeat
I have no experience with this so anyone recommended or good at it them selves ill $ and wouldn't mind learning something while having my third set up thanks

I'm willing to bet a vast majority will recommend Hudlow. Had a bunch of friends had them do work for them, including setting up Toyota 3rds so they prolly be your top quality choice. Never heard anything negative about them.

http://www.hudlowaxle.com/

Re: Re: Who in Chattanooga is good at settin up gears

Generally paying someone to set up Toyota 3rds is pretty cheap compared to buying all the proper tools and building a fixture to hold the 3rd.

:dblthumb:

Cool yeah 2 places said 250 and I was like :gtfo: for a Yoda third no maybe if you had to pull it out and yada yada yada but I'll put the ring gear on spool and all they'd have to to is set pinion and mesh or what ever its called he priced me $75 and that's were I'm going

Beware the cheapest route may come back a bite you !! I know both Steve Hudlow and Nick Solesbee I have had Steve setup prolly 10 - 15 sets of gears and narrowed axles cut new shafts have never had to take anything back because of a problem that means alot IMO either one of these guys would be a good choice

Thats a major plus of running stock gear ratios on a yota......when you break a pinion you just throw that bisch away and go find another one

ALLJ said:
Beware the cheapest route may come back a bite you !! I know both Steve Hudlow and Nick Solesbee I have had Steve setup prolly 10 - 15 sets of gears and narrowed axles cut new shafts have never had to take anything back because of a problem that means alot IMO either one of these guys would be a good choice

These 2 are the cheapest I found sosebee and hudlow the other places wanted 250 not them

Re: Re: Who in Chattanooga is good at settin up gears

The more expensive places probably don't know jack about gears and just looked up the labor quote in a book.

krackem said:
These 2 are the cheapest I found sosebee and hudlow the other places wanted 250 not them
Either one will do you right sorry I didnt understand your comment :dblthumb: