• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Whole lotta luv

Due to work and vacation, I haven't got much done on this thing. Did make some shackles and got the rear sitting under it. Going to do some subframe work next. As it sits it's 70" to the top of the roof and the belly will end up around 19", I plan on having around 8" of up travel

898.jpg

Made some more progress today

Subframe

903.jpg

Still need to pick up a trans/t-case from B-rad, but hung this 2wd one in for now, so I could get an idea what kind of mess the front link situation would be. Fortunately, I'm going to have plenty of room for links, and should easily be able to hit 8" of up travel I'm shooting for. Mounting the passenger seat may be interesting, and I know you're all jealous of my plywood floor :redneck:

909.jpg

906.jpg

going to watch this one, as its very simmilar to what i'm planning to do with my new project.. but i went forign... 77 datsun king cab..

im curious how your gonna do the front body work and keep it that low.

Going to need a decent sized shatter shield for the d line.

Yup, driveshaft will get some plate around the tunnel, transmission will get scatter shields :awesomework:

im curious how your gonna do the front body work and keep it that low.

Me too:redneck:

I have a feeling there isn't going to be much of the fenders/grill left

Yup, driveshaft will get some plate around the tunnel, transmission will get scatter shields :awesomework:

Me too:redneck:

I have a feeling there isn't going to be much of the fenders/grill left

gonna have to try... gotta keep the Luv look.

I love those things. for me it was going to be a luv or datsun. when i came across the datsun king cab and was sold. (great price) and it had the extra leg room.:beer::beer:

gonna have to try... gotta keep the Luv look.

I love those things. for me it was going to be a luv or datsun. when i came across the datsun king cab and was sold. (great price) and it had the extra leg room.:beer::beer:

King cab would be nice, this thing isn't going to be the most comfortable ride in the world :redneck:

Been slowly tinkering with it. Got a good chunk of the cage done, started trussing the front. Lower link mounts on the chassis side are on, and the engine is mounted

Resampled_2011-10-22_17-11-20_938.jpg

Resampled_2011-10-22_17-11-39_544.jpg

Resampled_2011-10-22_17-12-21_32.jpg

So what is the new project going to be as soon as this thing is rolling on its own....:redneck:

:haha:

I'm going to rat rod a 36 ford that my uncle said he was going to give me. I just have to go to eastern washington to get it. This thing should be rolling by next weekend, so expect the new build to start soon :redneck:

I was grinding some brackets, I turn around, and this cupcake has appeared out of nowhere. Fawkin magic!

Resampled_2011-11-03_18-00-01_157.jpg

Got some more done on the truck

Resampled_2011-11-03_18-29-01_862.jpg

Resampled_2011-11-03_18-27-49_3.jpg

Resampled_2011-11-03_18-27-20_179.jpg

Resampled_2011-11-03_18-26-49_7.jpg

Last edited:
You can see it a little mo' better, the tire is about 4" below full stuff.

Resampled_2011-11-09_17-59-45_96.jpg

Resampled_2011-11-09_17-56-58_237.jpg

It's funny how a little sheet metal makes it look way more complete than it is

HIJACK CONTINUES. Doesn't Thomas have an extra floor jack that I left at his place? The "blue" one that we picked up when I scored those tools. /HIJACK