• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Wife totalled her car, maybe

TacomaJD said:
:woot: Good to hear man, best case scenerio :dblthumb:

No doubt. I went back at lunch to get that tag and what she had left in it. I looked a little closer to the front and it really did a lot of structural damage. The guy at the shop said to fix it the interior, dash, engine, and transmission all would have to been removed. Now waiting to see what the insurance company is going to offer on it.

bigsilly said:
No doubt. I went back at lunch to get that tag and what she had left in it. I looked a little closer to the front and it really did a lot of structural damage. The guy at the shop said to fix it the interior, dash, engine, and transmission all would have to been removed. Now waiting to see what the insurance company is going to offer on it.

buy it back and make a hobo rape shack out of it for Big Mike and the boys.

bigsilly said:
Well my wife had an accident on the way to pick the kids up from school yesterday. She has a 2008 GMC Acadia. Her airbag deployed and the front end took a pretty good lick and the radiator looked to be toast, it was leaking fluid everywhere. When she called the claim in to the insurance company they told her it sounded like a total loss, actually kind of crossing my fingers that it is.

I have never had a vehicle totaled, my question is how do they go about determining the value that you get out of it? We still owe a little on it as we bought it used a couple of years ago, but I put down a good chunk on it and have a decent amount of equity. I just want to make sure I get a fair price for it if it is a total loss. I pulled and printed some vehicles like hers in a 500 mile radius to see what they are asking for them on the dealer lots.
I totaled my truck last year and insurance co tried to low ball me. I told theme they needed to rerun some numbers because I was not taking what they offered and got more money. They started at $17,300 and we ended at $26,400. It took two days longer but worth the effort. You don't have to take the first thing they through at you.

honky kong said:
I totaled my truck last year and insurance co tried to low ball me. I told theme they needed to rerun some numbers because I was not taking what they offered and got more money. They started at $17,300 and we ended at $26,400. It took two days longer but worth the effort. You don't have to take the first thing they through at you.
Yep, got that advice from a buddy. He said no matter what, do not take the first offer. I have looked online at several sites to see what they are listed for with dealers in a 500 mile radius and I looked at Kelley Blue Book and NADA also. I am ready to see what they come up with.

Man, when that drunk messican ran that red and t-boned my 5-series BMW and ran like INS was chasing him, my insurance PAID me!
They couldnt get the car to power up to read the miles so they paid me out based on average miles, which I had tripled.
So in that instance I took the 1st offer!!! :woot: :woot: :woot:

POPS58 said:
Save some $$$$$$ and just let Moma drive that old Vette you got hid out???? :dunno:

Ha, that is the funniest thing I have heard all week. She does not touch it. She actually does not want to drive it, and I do not want her to drive it either.

Re: Re: Wife totalled her car, maybe

we just got my wife a g8 gt, it's nice and it's got some power for 20+mpgs.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2