• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Wildcat owners, '12 model clutch ??'s

Cask16

Just picked up a new, leftover '12 wildcat. Research turned up guys having issues with the clutch system.

Has anybody experienced issues?
What situation were you in? Crawling rocks, hill climbs, sand, etc.....
If you upgraded, what did you go to?

you can go with a wet clutch or just a clutch kit. Ive got a 2013and for rocks and hill climbs the shock clutch works great cause it has little more give but for sand a wet delete kit is the only way to go.

Cask16 said:
Just picked up a new, leftover '12 wildcat. Research turned up guys having issues with the clutch system.

Has anybody experienced issues?
What situation were you in? Crawling rocks, hill climbs, sand, etc.....
If you upgraded, what did you go to?
I did the wet delete on my 12. It helped big time, but the worst thing about the wildcat is the spike load damener. It's great for not breaking axles, but with 30" tires, it slips really easy. My buddy bought his the same day as me and he still has stock tires and his doesn't slip much at all.
I also bought a delete for it, but I don't really want to install it, and break the drive shaft. I think I can make it tighter but still functional by adding a shim, I'll post up when I come up with something. The shifter cable is also junk, I just ordered a new heavy duty cable like what comes with twin stick kits for tcases.

Thanks for all the info.

Took it out for the first ride yesterday. My dad got the spike load dampener to go off once. Long rocky hill climb in 2wd in high range. Went to low and 4wd, no problem. I definitely see where the wet delete will be better, flat racing. Like its been said, a lot of loss out of the hole and top end in stock form.

These Duro tires bring the suck!!!! My GF was coming down a main trail, caught a rock with the sidewall. Bam!!! Hole bigger than my thumb!! 22 miles on the tire.... Just ordered 26.5 PBR's.

Also found a nice t-handle for passenger from Alba. Mounts through the dash below the glove box.

For now, waiting on parts til next weekend! Credit card is on fire :spin:

The Alba t handle is the best one ive found and a good price too.
IMG954870_zpsd818698e.jpg

The tires that come on them are **** I think i had 5 miles on them and put on raceline beadlocks and 27" interco swamp lites. a cage is next.