• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Windrock, leaf spring

jrtato

Outta towner from Florida. Broke a main leaf on waldens ridge. Made it back to windrock camp. Spring is 45 1/2" long 2.5" wide. Any recommendations in local places to call?

Re: Windrock, leaf soring

Knox auto parts. Ask for Justin. He is a member here and will get you fixed up. If I can think of his screen name I'll look him up.

I'm at work, have some at home, no idea on the measurement. Think it came off a CJ or YJ. Maybe if someone local wants to stop by my garage, they can check for ya. 865-748-5260

jrtato said:
Outta towner from Florida. Broke a main leaf on waldens ridge. Made it back to windrock camp. Spring is 45 1/2" long 2.5" wide. Any recommendations in local places to call?

You may want to post up you phone # so some of the local guys can get a hold of you if they can help you out.

We ran Walden Ridge last time we were up there. You are lucky to be posting this and not being mentioned in the obituaries. There are parts of that trail where mechanical failure, driver error, or spotter error could easily result in you rolling off the side of the cliff.

Thanks for the help, suggestions. Will be out looking in the morning hopefully. The break happened way after the harder, scarier parts of the trail. Probably a mile from the road. Had 4 rigs out there today. First time running waldens for all of us.

Picked up a spring Thursday morning. We went out to atomic ridge and back, ran trail 15, 38 and 46. Got a jkur on 315s all terrains thru trail 38 which I thought was quite difficult.

Ricky 79cj-7 said:
We ran Walden Ridge last time we were up there. You are lucky to be posting this and not being mentioned in the obituaries. There are parts of that trail where mechanical failure, driver error, or spotter error could easily result in you rolling off the side of the cliff.

I ran it when it first opened and theres still a cone in my seat.