• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

wiring harness modifications

ShmUDE

anybody in the PNW modify jeep wiring harnesses? I need a simple 4 wire hookup for a 2.5L harness. I keep staring at it and it just makes me more and more confused!:looser:

4 wires? Think you mean trailer hitch plug, correct?

There's an adapter that will convert your wiring. Contact a trailer/RV dealer.

4 wires? Think you mean trailer hitch plug, correct?

There's an adapter that will convert your wiring. Contact a trailer/RV dealer.

no, as in only hooking up 4 wires to make it run.
battery
fuel pump
and 2 for the ignition.

its a buggy setup so i dont need 90% of what a normal jeep has.

no, as in only hooking up 4 wires to make it run.
battery
fuel pump
and 2 for the ignition.

its a buggy setup so i dont need 90% of what a normal jeep has.

If you only need 4 wires whats so hard about doing that? :eeek:

If you only need 4 wires whats so hard about doing that? :eeek:

because i have about 2000 wires to deal with! and i dont know whats what. Im sure with time i could figure it out but i'd almost rather pay somebody to do it for me. I found one company to do it online and talking to them made me wonder why in the hell im even going to attempt it. the only problem was it was 700 bucks! a little steep for my budget.

its removing things like the emissions. Or you have to have the clutch in to start it. The computer looks at all of that stuff and i dont need it to. I was just hoping to find somebody local before i ship it off to Iowa. I like to keep things local and help the local people.

because i have about 2000 wires to deal with! and i dont know whats what. Im sure with time i could figure it out but i'd almost rather pay somebody to do it for me. I found one company to do it online and talking to them made me wonder why in the hell im even going to attempt it. the only problem was it was 700 bucks! a little steep for my budget.

its removing things like the emissions. Or you have to have the clutch in to start it. The computer looks at all of that stuff and i dont need it to. I was just hoping to find somebody local before i ship it off to Iowa. I like to keep things local and help the local people.

didnt you say you lived close to me? i could give you some pointers , i have done a few engine harnesses.

Where's your shitbox at and how much you looking to spend? Stripping a factory computer harness is a pain in the ass.

i have it stored at my parents house for the time being. So its currently in the sticks between purdy, key center, belfair and port orchard. Im in the middle of Port orchard.

700 was a little steep, but i would be willing to spend 400 to just plug and play.

okay, from the 98 FSM http://www.jeep4x4center.com/jeep-service-manuals/index.htm

PCMplug1.jpg

PCMplug2.jpg

PCMplug3.jpg

i just swapped in an efi motor into my toyota, and i plugged in all the harness clips on the motor, then stripped all the sheathing off the wires, kept all the sensors together, used the pinout to figure out what wires i needed (power, ground, fuel relay etc) and where they were located, and then removed the rest. so i ended up splicing in about 6 wires total, took me about an hour. you should be able to do it on your own with some research on what sensors you can delete and what not.

Are you trying to bypass systems in the computer? or what? if the computer is looking for a certain signel from a sensor on the emisions side of things it may not run right after the sensor is removed.

Are you trying to bypass systems in the computer? or what? if the computer is looking for a certain signel from a sensor on the emisions side of things it may not run right after the sensor is removed.

this is what im worried about. I wont be running any emissions equipment, no cat, airbag sensor, abs sensor or anything else i dont "have" to have.

i dont want to start ripping stuff out and **** myself and a good harness up.

this is what im worried about. I wont be running any emissions equipment, no cat, airbag sensor, abs sensor or anything else i dont "have" to have.

i dont want to start ripping stuff out and **** myself and a good harness up.

You are looking for much more then a simple "wiring harness modification".