• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

WTF art!!! 3 rides 3 ring gears? Toyota

fatguy7814

Help!!! Buggy is awesome but I'm blowing through ring gears. :****: I crawl. Dont have that heavy of a foot.... All things considered. 4.3,Toyota case, 300,Toyota 5:29s,39 crawlers. Help me if you can.

Going to 4:10's will help. Toyota axles hate life with a 4.3 . Had a buddy with a vortec 4.3 & yota axles with 5.29's & it broke every time he went. Put 4:10's in it & it would live for a few rides if he wasn't to hard on it. But u could break em any time u felt like it. Put some tons under it & u can ride instead of wrench all the time. It'll cost u now but save in the long run in broken parts & the cost of trips when u break as soon as u get there & don't get to ride. He had 40's on his.

Exactly. I don't care who or how u set em up they ain't gonna live. 40" crawlers & a 4.3 ain't happenin. 60/14 & don't look back.

Neal3000 said:
Agree 100%
AGREE 10000000%, I got a sammy, had 36'' tsl's, stock motor, beat the living hell out of it, never broke, went 4.3, th350, 37 red krawlers, It will break if you look at it wrong! I have spent hundreds of dollars, got all the best **** you can put in them! countless sets of gears, 3 chromemoly axles, 2 lockers, 1 chromemoly 30 spline birfeild, ask anyone who rides with me and they can vouch for this, Im super easy on parts, bet the engine dont go past 3000 rpms the whole day, so save yourself alot of money and time fixing ****, and put tons under it! I have just kept throwing money in mine for the past 3 years, and probaly got over 3k bucks in them turds, looking back, could of had a bad ass set of tons for that, mine is in the process of getting them now!

When I had it I was thinking or swapping tons in but changed my mind because a front 60 won't fit without totally changing the front frame or lifting the entire buggy to swamp donkey heights. Then, since the axles already have almost everything that can be done,done, I was looking for some Landcruiser thirds and was going to either build new housings or mod those and use the shafts and knuckles. Ultimately Cream Puff made my choice for me so I sold it to build a bouncer/crawler with rockwells.

You could always buy a dabbed housing and stuff a 9" in there. If you don't go all bling with knuckles and brakes it might be reasonable

Not sure what driveshafts are in it now, but I had heavy 1/4 wall tubes, and buzzing around Harlan all weekend with them unbalanced killed a pinion bearing. Might try to balance/lighten those up????

My ring and pinions have held up fine to the 4.3 and 39 tsls, the half dozen longfields I broke last year on the other hand. laughing1
5.29s cryoed by bobby with solid pinion spacer, deep pattern and .001 backlash.

You need a little backlash, the gears get some heat in them while running and swell up some, with no backlash they bottom out and usually cause small cracks at the roots.