• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

xj blower motor problem

Jasonap

I just recently bought a 95 cherokee. Last weekend i took it out hunting and everything worked fine. I started it the next morning and the blower motor quit working. I have since replace the switch still nothing, I hooked the blower directly up to the battery with jumper wires and it works fine. I'm thinking maybe the resister but was told it would still work on high if bad. Does anyone have any input on this problem? I would appreciate the help. Need to get the heater working, lift and tires are on there way. Going to turn it into a mild wheeling hunting rig.

Update. I pulled the resister and put a new one in nothing changed. All the fuses are good. I'm guessing I have a bad connection somewhere.

Update. I pulled the resister and put a new one in nothing changed. All the fuses are good. I'm guessing I have a bad connection somewhere.

Trace it. Make sure your getting power to all the right wires and power to the fuse. After that, check all GROUNDS! A test light is your best friend :awesomework:

There is a connector that the entire heating system runs thru below the glove box area; check for a bad connection on the ground wire thru that connector---was having the same issue on my wife's GC, and found the bad connection (ground connection had melted in the connector from age/use...)...I just spliced a wire in, bypassing the connector for the ground...viola!!! Hope this helps!