• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

YJ skid plate bolts

Bill

My jeep is down because of the throw out bearing....skid plate is welded to the frame due to rock rash....

so as soon as I am done taping the garage I plan on cutting all the welds and pulling the np435 to put a new clutch in

so here is my question....anyone know of any anchors etc to hold up the skid plate without using a welder so I can get out on the trail before I bring all my shop stuff here around Jan 1st

Thanks for any help
Bill

So are you saying that after you cut the welds you have no other fasteners holding in the skid plate? There are no bolt holes, tabs, brakets to bolt it together? How do you plan to fabricate this stuff with no welder or fabrication tools?

So are you saying that after you cut the welds you have no other fasteners holding in the skid plate? There are no bolt holes, tabs, brakets to bolt it together? How do you plan to fabricate this stuff with no welder or fabrication tools?

the skid is 1/4" and I used the original bolt holes....after 10 years of hard core wheeling and living in the rust belt all the bolts failed one at a time hence the welding

I have built many rigs and for 5 years lived next to the only ohv park in MN where I fixed broken junk and did recovery....
Going home for Christmas to grab all my stuff (one filled 20' storage container)
so being in this situation sucks...I want to wheel

Sounds like you need a muffler shop and $40. They will weld that ****er back on for ya quickly.

It doesnt sound like any of us are gonna suggest something you havent thought of unless your leaving something out.

anyone close to Issaquah that could weld it for me?

skid001.jpg

the nut certs are smoked, gone, wasted

So it's a boxed frame and you can't get to the inside to put nuts on the bolts? You could have said that in post #1.:; You COULD strategically drill holes in the frame and fish the nuts in there. Otherwise find someone to weld it back up.:awesomework:

in my best Forrest Gump voice.....When you find a rock in northern Minnesota you drive over it

I am way north in Arlington and can help you out to get your rig ready to wheel...

Question for you though... where do you plan one wheelin over here? You obviously did not do your research when looking for a place to move to.

I am way north in Arlington and can help you out to get your rig ready to wheel...

Question for you though... where do you plan one wheelin over here? You obviously did not do your research when looking for a place to move to.

I moved here to be with my girl....it isnt always about where you are but who you are with

this one would have been shorter if I would have remembered to turn on the fron locker....

this is Bill in a zone

I moved here to be with my girl....it isnt always about where you are but who you are with

I like girls and wheelin too.... most of the guys on this board dont do either of them...

let me know if you need help via PM. :awesomework: