• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Your gun safe experience

Dawnofdusk

Hi guys, I'm just writing something about a gun safe for one blog, so I think maybe to ask if anyone uses a gun safe for their experience. Which gun safe? Why? What you like and dislike? What is most important part of the gun safe? And etc. Write your opinion about it

We will be keeping an eye on this. We are thinking about getting one but we don't know which one we want.

Get one bigger than you think you need. You will fill it up sooner or later....plus if your wife is like mine it'll end up with a bunch of pictures in it along with other important paperwork.

Have a friend whose house burnt down he collected WW2 guns had 4 safes full of guns only ones that survived was a Lincoln they even are giving him a new safe as part of their warranty. All others we trashed don't know the other brand names

Mines an el cheapo walmart. Its so full you can barely close the door so luckily it makes it too heavy to carry off

I have a 36 gun safe from field and stream . When I got it everyone said get a bigger one then you think you need, so I got the 36 over the 24 . Well it's still packed full of guns and paperwork etc. I keep car titles diplomas etc in there. I've also added a smaller hand gun safe . No complaints about either although I would like to add better lighting inside the big safe . The price goes higher the longer time you want it to hold fire. I had a house fire and lost most everything I oweddd except my guns as the fire fighters made several trips out with my guns. Needless to say I wasn't moving into a new house without some sort of protection since I dodged the bullet once .

Opinion only:
1. buy one with the longest time in 1200 degree fire, pay attention to internal temp too.
2. get the most locking bolts around the perimeter of the door for most security, internal hinges help.
3. thickness of outside metal is another point.....some doors will look thicker but they use thin metal on both sides (weight of empty safe will tell you some hint at the metal thickness....but some mfg's put concrete in to make heavier)
4. I'm a fan of mechanical dials.....don't like the electronic ones
5. holes in bottom of safe are there to bolt it down........
6. bottom line you get what you pay for.......but even a cheap safe if better than no safe at all.

mines got more other stuff in it than guns. Computer, granddads watch/knifes, random papers. I wish it was bigger but then it wouldnt really fit in my house.

Dawnofdusk said:
Hi guys, I'm just writing something about a gun safe for one blog, so I think maybe to ask if anyone uses a gun safe for their experience. Which gun safe? Why? What you like and dislike? What is most important part of the gun safe? And etc. Write your opinion about it

First off, welcome to Hardline. Tell us a few things about yourself, where are you from, do you wheel, what blog are you writing for, etc. :drinkers:

I've got a Liberty Franklin 50 ..seemed giant when I got it but it filled up fast. As was mentioned earlier, once you decide what size safe you need get one two sizes up!

Also, fire rating is nice but I'd focused more on the amount of locking bolts and their size.

The biggest mistake is not bolting it down...some safes can tip if the door storage areas are loaded and they're much easier to break into on their side or back. And the number one thing about gun safes is to not run your mouth about owning one ..LoL.

Dawnofdusk said:

Write your own article turd

TacomaJD said:
First off, welcome to Hardline. Tell us a few things about yourself, where are you from, do you wheel, what blog are you writing for, etc. :drinkers:
I checked his history when this popped up and he poated on some axles for sail before this so i figured if it was someone putting that much effort into trolling i would play along for awhile

Re: Re: Your gun safe experience

BUG-E J said:
I checked his history when this popped up and he poated on some axles for sail before this so i figured if it was someone putting that much effort into trolling i would play along for awhile
I see no axle posts. He did however post on a radiator for sale ad and said "still on sale?", which is atypical phrasing when asking if something they have is for sale. Things are "on sale" at Walmarts. So I figured he may be from another country? Or a spammer trying to collect evil gun data by polling random forums with a redneck gun owner demographic? Or maybe he's just a normal guy...

Most folks don't join an offroad forum, and their 3rd post be asking about gun stuff because they are writing a blog somewhere else on gun safes. Abnormal activity if you ask me.

1a91e91ded8dfa9895048f12b7d579ff.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Maybe its the .gov snooping on us.

My first thought when i saw they had 3 posts and didnt say who the article was for was about the same.