• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

ZR2 S-10 BLAZER SAS

STUARD6615

I AM FIXING TO DO A SAS ON MY 2000 CHEVROLET ZR2 S-10 BLAZER. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY INSIGHT, TIPS, SUGGESTIONS, ETC? I HAVE A FORD 9" REAR AND A DANA 44 FRONT. 513 GEARS. REAR SPOOL AND NOT SURE WHAT LOCKER I AM GOING TO DO IN THE FRONT.

HAS ANYONE ELSE ON HERE DONE ONE? HOW DID IT TURN OUT?

THANKS

Are you planing to use coils or leafs. You will more than likely need a astro steering box and a Jeep pitman arm to get the steering to work correctly. I am not sure on the newer s10's.

I had planned on running a leaf spring set up but im also kicking around coil overs. I am just undecided.

mine isnt a blazer, but it is the pickup ZR2. .....not much left of a Z though! gotta decide on what suspension you are going to run before we can help....

Are you gonna run a ford 8 lug 44 or a 5 lug 44? If you run the 5 lug(coil sprung) you will have to have one with weld on C's so you can cut them off and put spring pads on. If you are gonna run 8 lug (leaf sprung) you will need to switch to 5 lug hubs or get 2 spares (one 5 and one 8 lug).

Re: ZR2 S-10 BLAZER SAS

I did one for a friend and 3 linked the front using the factory Ford coil springs and welded the buckets on ths axle. Used the blazer factory rear springs on top of axle in rear. Here is all the pics i have of it during the build. The brackets got boxes in before finished.

ha7a9agu.jpg

adeze9e9.jpg

im going to run a 8 lug front end. i bought new hubs to convert to 5 lug to match rear. what leaf springs do you think i should use? i want to run a 38" tire.

Latest posts