• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

HAR - $5,000.00 Hill Killin' Drag Race - May 7th, 2016

Campground Man

12651011_10153428150546395_5849232237119612055_n.png

Okay folks here's the deal...

We're building a 3 tiered head to head rock bouncer drag race course. It will consist of 3 hills in succession - each hill is between 50-75 feet long. Between each hill is about 50 feet of level area. Expect rock gardens, steep inclines, pits etc.

It will not be a bounty hill but rather a race - so it will be designed to be doable. Most likely head to head race action with each lane being 50-60 feet wide with concrete dividers in between them. We've not got all of the specifics down but the plan is to do bracket elimination and for fairness a run in each lane against your opponent.

The plan is 5k minimum payout to the winner - other prizes/cash etc will depend on sponsors.

If you know of any sponsors that may be interested plz contact me at [email protected]

Sponsors will have their logos printed on event tee shirts as well as they can have a booth in the spectator area, logos on all flyers and we can hand out brochures/stickers of your biz at the gate.

https://www.facebook.com/events/493701120802263/

Drivers List
1Shawn Miller*
2. Cody Hembree
3. Chris Goins
4. Nathan Lambert
5. Kenneth Reece
6. Roger King*
7. Bo Edwards
8. Tim Bacon II
9. Jamie Whitaker
10. Scott Goforth
11. Sluggo Plybon
12. Tony Palarie
13. Addam Perdue
14. Grant Dale
15. Grant Baker
16. Mark Mathis
17. Mark Settles

Registration is open @ http://www.harlancountycampground.com/registration-page.html

Re: HAR - April 9th 2016 - Rock Bouncer Triathlon - 5k payout

Now this sounds fun to watch. :woot: :woot:

Re: HAR - Hill Killin' Drag Race - April 9, 2016

I think you might be on to something with this type of competition!
Ricky 79cj-7 said:
Set up the comp so that each set of racers race on 2 different courses, but side by side similar to the old XRRA races. Each racer is timed, after first round they switch courses and race again. Fastest combined time wins.

Re: HAR - Hill Killin' Drag Race - April 16, 2016

Rescheduled to April 16th to avoid a conflict with another park...

Why not have this during the Aprils Fools ride? It's hard to for people to be there twice in a month just maybe something to look at. Keep up the hard work Stephenm

April Fool's is an event put on by the park, not me, plus it makes more business sense not to do it during a weekend you'll already be crowded.

I hope to run this with my Ultra4 buggy.

I Plan on going. Lots like a fun race sort of like XRRA .

jp fan said:
Why not have this during the Aprils Fools ride? It's hard to for people to be there twice in a month just maybe something to look at. Keep up the hard work Stephenm
whats the dates for April fools ride this coming year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: HAR - $5,000.00 Hill Killin' Drag Race - April 16, 2016

any more info on the course layout?

I should get the new sprockets on my dozer in the next couple of weeks and we'll start developing it out.

There will be two lanes side by side with concrete highway dividers separating them.

The plan is for each lane to be identical...

Here are the plans as of right now...when you start there will be either a rock garden or highway dividers criss crossing the course for about 30-40 feet. followed by a steep hill no longer than 50 feet long.

When you top that tier, the course will drop into a dry pit (6-8 foot deep) with tractor tires rocks etc, followed by a hill climb no longer than 50 feet.

On the last level you will have a short run to hit the final super steep hill, likewise no longer than 50 feet.

We wanted to keep the hill's short and steep with a good size flat at the bottom of each in case of roll overs.

422_10153329432346395_5899640748881580038_n.jpg

The course will be coming up the middle of this valley and ending about 50-75 feet short of the top. Obviously a lot of work needs to be done with the dozer and excavator.

Sounds awesome, great job man :dblthumb: