• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

HAR - $5,000.00 Hill Killin' Drag Race - May 7th, 2016

We're still doing some cleaning up around it, then we'll be running the dozer for several days - once it's completed we will post up some pics.

Drivers List
1Shawn Miller*
2. Cody Hembree
3. Chris Goins
4. Nathan Lambert
5. Kenneth Reece
6. Roger King*
7. Bo Edwards
8. Tim Bacon II
9. Jamie Whitaker
10. Scott Goforth
11. Sluggo Plybon
12. Tony Palarie
13. Addam Perdue
14. Grant Dale
15. Grant Baker
16. Mark Mathis
17. Mark Settles
18. Dean Lickliter

Registration is open @ http://www.harlancountycampground.com/registration-page.html

Start a little work on the course yesterday - it's going to be awesome! I'll post up pics once it takes a little more shape so you can see how it will be set up.

Updated 4/7/2016

We've got about 2/3rds of the course built - I'll try to get some pics up of it soon.

I can tell you this though, it's not just going to be a horsepower or power to weight ratio type of race. There are a couple of spots that if you go too fast or too slow it will cause you to lose a lot of time.

942891_10153420779438414_7866309003432455886_n.jpg

Not done yet - but here is the course (so far) for the Rock Bouncer Drag Race - Coming up May 7th here @ Harlan Campground - Putney Trail Head

It doesn't look very long but you can use the Grand Cherokee and 450G dozer (on the bottom left ) to judge the scale...

Still lots of work to do on it - barriers, obstacle type stuff but it's a whole different view when looking at it in person.

https://www.facebook.com/events/493701120802263/

Little more as we're making the course more "interesting..."

13043736_10153613809621395_1818121048462940644_n.jpg

Drivers List

1Shawn Miller*
2. Cody Hembree
3. Chris Goins
4. Nathan Lambert
5. Kenneth Reece
6. Roger King*
7. Bo Edwards
8. Tim Bacon II
9. Jamie Whitaker
10. Scott Goforth
11. Sluggo Plybon
12. Tony Palarie
13. Addam Perdue
14. Grant Dale
15. Grant Baker
16. Mark Mathis
17. Mark Settles
18. Dean Lickliter
19. Donald Powell
20. Josh Parrish*
21. Clayton Hollingsworth*

Registration is open @ http://www.harlancountycampground.com/registration-page.html

We have a group going down Friday night, maybe ride then or after the race, we're staying on the Putney side, just look for Pool trucks if anyone wants to ride

I'm getting some crazy feedback on this new course. Had a few competitors already check out and was amazed by it. When you hear words like 'this will put you on the map' - it's encouraging.

I've also been getting an obscene amount of calls asking about starting times etc, even local stuff. Folks from Harlan, Cumberland, Corbin, London, Pikeville, Whitesburg, Hazard etc - we never get folks from those close towns much.

I really think the turnout is going to be epic.

Drivers List

1Shawn Miller*
2. Cody Hembree
3. Chris Goins
4. Nathan Lambert
5. Kenneth Reece
6. Roger King*
7. Bo Edwards
8. Tim Bacon II
9. Jamie Whitaker
10. Scott Goforth
11. Sluggo Plybon
12. Tony Palarie
13. Addam Perdue
14. Grant Dale
15. Grant Baker
16. Mark Mathis
17. Mark Settles
18. Dean Lickliter
19. Donald Powell
20. Josh Parrish*
21. Clayton Hollingsworth*
22. Bubba Bacon
23. Tim Bacon Sr

updated 5/5/2016

We ended up with about the competitors - most were broke from previous races/didn't get their stuff ready etc.

So we ended up with about 13 competitors. I'll post up some drone footage I got of each of the races over the next few days - it was pretty neat, had a few rollovers, as well as a couple of "photo finishes".

It got down to Clayton Hollingsworth, Wes Keen, and Bubba Bacon and at the end they decided to just split the $5,000 dollars and prizes for 2nd and 3rd.

This kind of race is quite tough on the machines, especially with having only 13 competitors we had to do more eliminations so the machines had to each run a few more times. If we had more competitors it could of been single or just double elimination.

Spectator turnout was not awesome, but good enough to pay for the cash payouts.

Latest posts