• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

HAR- Fall Crawl - October 14-16, 2016 Trail Rig & Bouncer Event

Campground Man

Ross Racing & I are putting together a trail rig competition and a Hill Killer Competition for the Oct 15th Fall Crawl weekend in Harlan @ Harlan Campground - Putney Trailhead

Trail rigs would be running up one side of the below course, down the other, then up the middle to the finish line. It would be a timed event and the track would be modified some than what is shown below for trail rigs.

Trail Rigs must have some stock frame, no full tube chassis' or pro built buggies allowed in the trail rig class. $1,000.00 payout on the trail rig competition - $50 to compete.

The Hill Killer's/Bouncer's would run a new hill (one with catch trees) cut in the same event area. $1500.00 payout - $75 to compete

$20 to spectate, kids 10 & under as always are free.

Mark Settles vs Tim Bacon - Rock Bouncer Drag Race - Harlan

Here is the event page on FB - https://www.facebook.com/events/1124712057568506/

Who's in?

We're going to try and have as many classes from slightly modified up to unlimited as we can - payouts and runs per classes are variable depending on competitor turnout.

Re: Any interest in a head to head woodsbuggy uphill race - Harlan July 4th?

Got my interest booyang

Re: Any interest in a head to head woodsbuggy uphill race - Harlan July 4th?

I need to find a date that will work for the competitors - this event would be open only to rail buggies - I need at least 20 competitors.

Re: Any interest in a head to head woodsbuggy uphill race - Harlan

Define rails? You talking about tube chassis buggies or sand rails?

Ok. I gotcha. I was wondering how you were going to keep the hill killers from dominating the little guy. Any thought about doing a trail rig race? No big racers allowed?

Anything we can get 20+ competitors out of I'm up for- very very little work to make this course doable for smaller vehicles.

Campground Man said:
2wd Rail Buggies
I'm out.

Charlie, this has your name written all over it!

Exactly what I was thinking. That chain drive mofo needs the dust knocked off it.

Bad machine fo sho.

He may be scared since he flipped it 4-5 times down power line trail in Royal Blue. Must be why he's always tweaking the engine ;D

pholmann said:
Ok. I gotcha. I was wondering how you were going to keep the hill killers from dominating the little guy. Any thought about doing a trail rig race? No big racers allowed?

This is something I'd like to do, would love something like that for Fall Crawl - but I wouldn't want to take over the parks event, even though they really don't do stuffs like this.

Do it that will just help bring more of a crowd and something to see while everyone is there anyway, looks like a WIN WIN thumb.gif

I'll talk with some people, how would we limit them? HP, having a full frame or what?

Maybe do 2 classes. Race rigs and trail rigs. Everyone knows who the usual racers are.

One day only or what? Or have the trail rigs early and the race rigs late?

Could use the drag race course modified for the trail rigs and then use one of our hill climbs for the race rigs...

Campground Man said:
One day only or what? Or have the trail rigs early and the race rigs late?

Could use the drag race course modified for the trail rigs and then use one of our hill climbs for the race rigs...

As for the particulars I have no clue but I'd be up for running the woods class.

The "woods buggy" thought got me excited. I love competition, just know my rig can't climb 99.9% of the hills the bouncers do, much less compete with them. But, if they have a trail rig class, I'm in!

Fordcontraption has a badazz chain drive I'd like to see in the race if it happens.

Fall Crawl Weekend - Trail Rig Course & Hill Killer Bounty Oct 15th - Harlan

Okay I'm thinking trail rig class - requirements at least half a stock frame and 39 or smaller tires? Give me your input on this...

This would be timed run up one side of the course, down the other and then up the middle to the finish line.

Then an unlimited class hill climb competition - which would be on the new hill (300+ feet).

Who's in?