• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

03 DURAMAX PROBLEMS

b5010

My 03 dmax won't start.187,00 miles on it.Thought it was a cracked fuel filter housing,change it.INJECTORS :dunno:
Any help would be great.

did the filter back off? or the WIF in the bottom of filter sucking air?

If you pump it up will it start and then die?

Make sure you don't have a tank full of gas - seen it happen more than once

InDaShop said:
did the filter back off? or the WIF in the bottom of filter sucking air?

If you pump it up will it start and then die?

No leaks. Still doesn't start if you pump it. Just changed the oil in it drained out 5 gallons. Not good.

Keep bleeding air out of the system with hand pump and the plastic screw. Sometimes it will take forever to get it to crank.

you drained the oil and it was 5 gallons, you've got a bad injector or some other delivery failure that is filling up the pan.
you got a scan tool? any of these trouble codes P0087, P0093, P1093 will be bad injector juju.

I've not seen one that wont start with bad injectors though. They usually start and run like ****.

InDaShop said:
you drained the oil and it was 5 gallons, you've got a bad injector or some other delivery failure that is filling up the pan.
you got a scan tool? any of these trouble codes P0087, P0093, P1093 will be bad injector juju.

I've not seen one that wont start with bad injectors though. They usually start and run like ****.

Going to go get a scan tool today.Engine light is on.i will see what codes come up.
thanks

If you find any of those codes run a cylinder miss test on it that would tell you if you have a bad injector and which one. But still I dont know why it wont even start right now.
Also down in the lower valve cover there is return lines on the injectors that could be leaking fuel in crankcase. #7 injector is a common culprit, but there are also other reasons to get diesel in the crankcase on any diesel. A cracked head can also do it or split head gasket between the injector and an oil port can also put diesel in your oil. or a SEVERELY scarred piston wall can also cause diesel to get in the oil at higher speeds and possibly not leak through at low speeds. But you said 5 gallons, those pistons should have been floating if there was that much in there.

If it's making oil itss probably an injector problem. In have an 03 that started running ruff and smoking, replaced all the injectors and it still runs rough. But it wasn't making oil so not sure what the problem is.