• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

08 Dodge 3500 SRW

UABYJ94

Went and looked at one yesterday that has 72,000 mi. on the log and it's a crew cab. I'm thinking of trading my 09 Z71 crew cab 5.3 42,000 mi. in on it and wanted the input of the diesel gurus on that truck..

Stickered at 24,900 on the Dodge. Suppose to renew my insurance this week and figured I need to make a decision so I don't have to redo the insurance...

Well, I got there this afternoon and it was gone. There was another 08, but this one is dually and 4x4, auto with 133,000 mi. The driver seat has the cushion worn to the point you drag across the bar getting in and out. It has the spare rim and tire on the driver front and a sqaure piece of plastic covering a spot on the console just above the power outlet on ther right side of the dash.

They are asking $26,500 for it. The body is in great shape and it has new tires all around. It may be me, but the steering felt like it wanted to walk as if it were light in the front end. Please give me some feedback before I go back tomorrow to see what kind of deal they have worked up.

08 was the first year of the 6.7 but it is a Cummings. I had a 6.7 and loved it. Do an egr delete an straight pipe it. Buddy had one with over 400k miles and never rebuilt it!!!

Thanks for all the responses..I guess my only issue is going from a vehicle with a warranty to one out of warranty for basically the same price. Not knowing what or how the PO treated the truck..

I'm going after work today to look it over again. I've been on cumminsforum all morning researching.

That's normal for those seats. The bottom seat foam for my 06 is $150 range! Wrapping the seat frame in burlap helps.