• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

1:47 a.m. Wake up call

If your not a gun guy I would go with a shotgun. Cheap reliable and in a panic the aim isn't as important. Pick one up cheap at academy and look into one of those hook things that slides between the mattress and box spring. I always thought they were cool.

Re:

Not that you need to listen to my tinfoil hat wearing ass, but. Do you ever travel? Like to Wal Mart, the post office, to pick up the kids from school? I stopped carrying for almost a year and found myself really vulnerable at times. Kids showed up and now there are less situations where I don't have a gun on me.

Watch any western movie where the spectacled banker cowers in the back with the women. I am not that limp writes *****. Don't get me wrong, I'd punch someone in the jaw before pulling a pistol. But not having a strong enough wrist to punch someone, or finding out their glass jaw us made of titanium and I need back up isn't gonna happen.

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

You got a reality check. Unfortunately in a home invasion the video is only going to help those still living after. Very helpful but not a solution by any means. My wife wasn't comfortable with firearms when we met and it took a little while for her to fully understand that having the option of protecting her life was more comforting than a scary gun in the house she might have to use even with our security system. She is now more comfortable than ever. Just make absolutely sure you and your family are respectful safe owners. Take a shooting class, get to the range from time to time and practice gun safety with the family. That scare could save your lives. Dont forget it.

I have found that this Guy has some really great information on how to arm yourself for home defense, and tactics to us should something like this happen....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xMUJC4GZFQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RoQTwp2igY

As you so unfortunately found out the hard way THE POLICE ARE NOT THE FIRST LINE OF DEFENSE! if you had to wait 28 minutes for them to show up...this should make it very concrete that you are the first line of defense and YOU SHOULD ARM YOURSELF...

I am glad nothing happen, but what if it did....there are so may great resources now days, you can find out many ways to get informed about gun safety and training so that you are NOT a victim.

We do not live in a society with morals for the most part, and it pays to know that you are protecting yourself and your family.

GET A GUN! and GET SOME TRAINING!

Re:

Don't be so afraid of your kids seeing the gun. Get it out around them, take them shooting and get them familiar with it. A curious kid around guns is dangerous, an educated kid around guns is a much safer idea.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I keep al kinds of weapons and carry, as well as my wife. When you do this you take on a lot of responsibilities. When you pull that trigger, the bullet is yours no matter where it goes. Little story......... We also have an alarm system. When not set it chimes when door is opened. 9:30 At night, I'm down stairs, my wife is up stairs. Kids are grown and moved out. Door chimes.......I come upstairs and ask my wife" why did you go outside" she said " I didn't" ........I said" theirs somebody in the house" . My heart goes crazy. I reach by my chair and get my kimber 1911 with trace laser grips. squeeze the grips to turn the lazier on and shine it to the front door at a dark figure standing. Our son had stopped by from fishing to say good night. He had keys. He thought that was funny as hell. I couldn't stop shaking for two days. Think about this.

I keep a Mossberg 500 pistol grip shot gun under the mattress loaded with buck shot and turkey load. Nothing like 9 38 caliber bullets coming out of a barrel at once. At close range should almost cut a man in half.
My kids know every gun i have. I dont hide them from them. I teach them what guns are use for.... Killing things. If they ask i get 1 and make shure its not loaded 3 or 4 times. Then they can look at it, hold it, whatever they want. The worst thing you can do is hide it, not educate your kids and they find it and think its a toy and thats how most kids get hurt by guns. Thats just my opinion.

Re: Re: 1:47 a.m. Wake up call

Jacksonwolf39 said:
Taurus judge would be my choice in home defense. You can find them very reasonably priced and leave a hole in there ass :****:
This ^^^^ it's the best of both worlds in home defense, 410 shotgun revolver.

Educate your kids on guns...don't hide it from them...do you want them to be vulnerable someday?? Also go with a youth model shotgun...I have several pistols in all variations around the house as Well as shotguns..,:"shotgun is best to use when your shitting down your leg...I vote against the revolver...they typically don't have any type of safety mechanism...at least on most semi auto pistols that don't have safety setups you have either two stage triggers or like my Springfield stuff you have to push the lever in the palm of your hand then a two stage trigger...very hard for kids with little hands to fire

Just my opinion
And very sorry some **** bag has pushed you to this

Humpy said:
Educate your kids on guns...don't hide it from them...do you want them to be vulnerable someday?? Also go with a youth model shotgun...I have several pistols in all variations around the house as Well as shotguns..,:"shotgun is best to use when your shitting down your leg...I vote against the revolver...they typically don't have any type of safety mechanism...at least on most semi auto pistols that don't have safety setups you have either two stage triggers or like my Springfield stuff you have to push the lever in the palm of your hand then a two stage trigger...very hard for kids with little hands to fire

Just my opinion
And very sorry some **** bag has pushed you to this

You think an xd or glock with a 5 lb trigger pull is safer than a revolver in double action mode?
With a revolver, you can leave the first hole empty. You can pull a trigger twice practically as fast as you can once :****:

Please don't buy one of the little shotgun revolvers..

A 12 ga shotgun is a good idea.. At home defense distances (like 5 yards) the pattern is about the size of your fist so you still have to aim the thing. Its not a point and shoot weapon like most believe..

If you have to rack the shotgun to load it, you brought and empty gun to a gun fight and that's a bad idea. Keep it loaded with one in the chamber with full power buckshot (2 3/4" shells), not birdshot, and propped up beside the bed. Also when you shoot a pump shotgun, its empty so rack the thing.

If someone breaks in your home, the only reason you should leave your room is if you have kids somewhere else in the house and that'd be to go get your kids and then you should all lock yourself in a room.

They can have whatever they want in the rest of the house, but the moment they decide to kick in the door where you and your family are, that's when I would stop them. I'm not SWAT or Special Forces & I'm not gonna go out and sweep the house and ultimately risk my life over a TV or laptop, but I WILL NOT let them near my family. While locked in the room, call 911 and I'd be screaming for them to leave.

You need to be extremely comfortable with whatever weapon you get because the moment you actually have to use it will be the most stressful time of your life, half asleep, with **** in your shorts, and you need to be able to still work it.

Also you need a weapons mounted light on whatever it is that you get. Can't shoot if you can't see. Gotta be able to identify who/what you are shooting. You don't wanna accidentally shoot your teenager sneaking in at 2 AM..

I think an AR15 is a better choice.

And I agree with all the stuff about educating your kids. Curious kids = bad idea. Educated kids will be fine around them. Plus they should learn to shoot and defend themselves in case they wind up home alone and a home intruder comes along..

I think you should have a pistol, but I don't think it should be your first choice. Hard to hit what you are aiming at, especially half asleep with adrenalin pumping at 2 AM..

And don't be the person who shoots once a year. Have a plan and practice regularly..

Re:

If you don't educate your kids with your guns they could be at friends and get curious with their parents guns and it could go bad.

I disagree on the no birdshot idea though. Don't want buckshot flying through walls. Knew a guy that kept a tactical shotgun in all rooms of his house. First 2 shots were birdshot, couple buckshot after that and if they still won't stop it was slugs behind them.

onepieceatatime said:
Don't be so afraid of your kids seeing the gun. Get it out around them, take them shooting and get them familiar with it. A curious kid around guns is dangerous, an educated kid around guns is a much safer idea.

THIS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re:

onepieceatatime said:
If you don't educate your kids with your guns they could be at friends and get curious with their parents guns and it could go bad.

I disagree on the no birdshot idea though. Don't want buckshot flying through walls. Knew a guy that kept a tactical shotgun in all rooms of his house. First 2 shots were birdshot, couple buckshot after that and if they still won't stop it was slugs behind them.

I agree in a sense.. know your target and what's behind it comes into play, but IMO by the time I pull the trigger on someone there is no other option and that trigger pull is what needs to stop them not the 3rd one after that.. I do live in the country thought with no neighbors so I don't care if I shoot through the house.

Did you see the video I posted where the girl walked about from a birdshot to the face at like 5 yards? That would suck in a real life scenario

Re:

Dwill817 said:
Did you see the video I posted where the girl walked about from a birdshot to the face at like 5 yards? That would suck in a real life scenario

It isn't like that really though, a load of 12ga buckshot at anything less than 20 feet is damn near like a slug in impact but with less penetration

I have been in the security industry for almost 11 years. How old is the system? How old is the house? DId you have bad weather? Lots of factors can go into a false alarm. Hopefully it was a false alarm.... I can answer any questions that you may have. I get asked all of the time, "how long does it take for the police to show up?" I never have an answer for that, depends on the department and how busy they are. I do know my monitoring center gets signals within seconds. Feel free too call me 770-355-9915 Kerry