• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

1 ton toyota truggy

Well haven't updated this in a while, been beating the hell out of it all season and decided it was time for some more power, so I ditched the 22r and decided on a 2rz. Didn't really take to many pics of the swap, but here's a few I did take

Bought a lc engineer header also

Had to redo a little tube since the intake and exhaust are on opposite sides

Only had it out once since the weather has been pretty crappy, but I'm really impressed with how much more power the rz has.

Here's some pics throughout the year of wheelin

Here's pretty much how it sits after the 2rz swap, planning on building some sort of dash with a center console soon

Bad ass! I like the RZ power plant and nice pump bracket :dblthumb:.

The RZ only gets better with boost if you are looking for a few more ponies to turn those big meats. loller.gif I'm running about 4.5 pounds of boost on factory ecu and the power gain was awesome! The AFR's are about 12:1, so it is getting enough fuel and timing. Still going to turn it up to 6 psi once I get an intercooler.

I like the build a lot, good job! :tc

Chilkat said:
Bad ass! I like the RZ power plant and nice pump bracket :dblthumb:.

The RZ only gets better with boost if you are looking for a few more ponies to turn those big meats. loller.gif I'm running about 4.5 pounds of boost on factory ecu and the power gain was awesome! The AFR's are about 12:1, so it is getting enough fuel and timing. Still going to turn it up to 6 psi once I get an intercooler.

I like the build a lot, good job! :tc

Thanks man! The ps bracket and oil pan worked out great! I've been looking into some forced induction, really line to have a auto after some boost!!

I'm running an AW4 ($100) from a cherokee with a 3.0 v6 torque converter to Dana 300 with the RAdesigns shifters for the transmission. No regrets although a higher stall TC would be nice to try out. I am building some turbo manifolds if you are interested hit me up!

The turbo setup is super simple and I spent the most money on the wastegate to control the boost, but I run no BOV. Basically the minimalist setup as far as I can see. Sounds cool and it is the best performance upgrade I have ever done. Not too much testing done yet, but I have pushed it VERY hard a few times with no failures.

Not really much to update. Haven't made any changes since the rz swap. If anyone is thinking about the swap, do it! It's night and day differance! Here's a few pics

Pics are from the badlands, Attica IN

Thanks! My type of wheeling also! Not a lot of rocky terrain in indiana, but we do have a few decent places. Hoping to make the tanner ride in October.

Chilkat said:
I'm running an AW4 ($100) from a cherokee with a 3.0 v6 torque converter to Dana 300 with the RAdesigns shifters for the transmission. No regrets although a higher stall TC would be nice to try out. I am building some turbo manifolds if you are interested hit me up!

The turbo setup is super simple and I spent the most money on the wastegate to control the boost, but I run no BOV. Basically the minimalist setup as far as I can see. Sounds cool and it is the best performance upgrade I have ever done. Not too much testing done yet, but I have pushed it VERY hard a few times with no failures.

If you don't mind, PM me some info on these turbo manifolds. I have been wanting to add it to my 2rz swapped '79 DD.

Re: Re: 1 ton toyota truggy

nightcrawler4x4 said:
I may have missed it but how did you adapt the Aw4 to the Toyota motor?
There a lot of tech on this swap, from what I read it's almost identical to the Toyota auto with a few different things that have to be changed.

What's your wb and what are you link mearuments? I'm in the middle of re doing my front setup

Re: Re: 1 ton toyota truggy

hjpcummins said:
There a lot of tech on this swap, from what I read it's almost identical to the Toyota auto with a few different things that have to be changed.

What's your wb and what are you link mearuments? I'm in the middle of re doing my front setup

Wheelbase is 114, not sure on link lengths, I'll get them for ya tomoro