• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

15s on a 60

Re:

I ground the ship out of the calipers on my 95' hp60 and they still need a small spacer to fit 15's. A lot of people do it and a lot say you cant. I think a lot of it comes down to wheel bs too. I ended up buying a set of 16" for mine so I never ran the 15" to see if there were any problems

I had marsh racing wheels make me a set of 15s for $70 a piece with the correct back spacing to fit on my 60 and 14

I run 15" pro comp steel wheels on my 60. No grinding or rubbing. 2.75" backspacing. Ordered them from 4wp about 4 years ago. Had to place a special order and had to wait about 3 weeks for them to be made. They are a reverse offset. They are a pain to mount with weld on bead locks but not impossible.

had to grind mine on the corners to clear not to hijack a thread but scooter how'd you get the tires on reverse wheels with locks i broke 2 tire machine heads and 3 of us tried 2 nights by hand

My old ford twin piston calipers had to ground a good bit and like to come loose, swapped to chevy calipers and work fine and I'm running 4" backspacing. I did grind a little off the chevys.

A big factor is the caliper. I've seen 2 & 3/4" backspacing wheels slid right on single piston calipers and rub like heck on dual piston versions.

pit builder said:
had to grind mine on the corners to clear not to hijack a thread but scooter how'd you get the tires on reverse wheels with locks i broke 2 tire machine heads and 3 of us tried 2 nights by hand

Lots of lubrication and I doubt that a machine will get it done. I used manual tire tools and lots of cusswords. Lol. It is a pain for sure but I have mounted two sets this way. One set was some 42" Isuks and the other set are 39.5" TSL's. I did have to walk away a few times and have a few :drinkers:

BTW......I am running the stock single piston GM calipers... I am sure that the dual piston calipers will require some massaging.

Ground the heck out of my calipers to get it done on my old Chevy 60. Not a fan. Next time I will do a brake swap if I am having to replace calipers, pads and rotors anyway. The brackets are only another $135-150 I think.

I had a set of 15x10 marsh's w 2.5" back spacing. We had to grind the **** out of the calipers. I mounted the 39.5" tsl's w just a couple of long screwdrivers on my weld on bead locks.