• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

1994 f-250 7.3 idi factory turbo stalling issue

FastEddy

1994 f-250 7.3 idi factory turbo, was losing fuel prime and stalling every couple minutes, replaced the injection pump, It will idle all day but once you drive it it stalls. I have a leak in the fuel system somewhere. where do these start leaking from i know the return lines and caps are a problem area. does anyone have a afro engineered way of pressurizing the fuel system or recomendations of areas to check? Thanks in advance.

If it still has the factory mechanical lift pump they can be ah issue. Fuel lines decaying over time will come apart and take out the filter too. Does the factory turbo model have the same filter with water sensor on the bottom? If so swap it to a IH version, I'll get the part number later if you need it.

As you said return lines are an issue, you can replace them with clear line from the hardware store to see if you have any air in the system.

Also does it die like you shut it off or like its running out of fuel? As chop shop pointed out in another thread this summer ferds have a problem with the ignition switch adjustment so the key is touchy. I have that issue on my 89. It will die driving down the road, wiggle the ignition and it comes back on. Still need to fix that. :redneck:

it definetly has the wif sensor in the filter, its not the ignition switch, its losing fuel pressure, ill look at the lift pump and lines this weekend good idea on the clear lines. Thanks man