• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sold/Expired 2000 TJ on tons for sale

Re:

Is the front a high pinion ball joint 60 from a Ford? Or is it from the Dodge and have a freespin kit on it?

Axles are from a Dodge van; they are balljoint. I don't know if the hubs are from a freespin kit or not.

Re: 2000 TJ on tons for sale

kvom said:
Axles are from a Dodge van; they are balljoint. I don't know if the hubs are from a freespin kit or not.

Is it high pinion diff or low pinion?

Vans use weird stuff sometimes, it's just that Dodge balljoint Dana 60s didn't have internal wheelbearing/ lockout hubs stock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Low pinion. I'd guess the hub system is Dynatrak, but I'm not sure. I assume original axle had unit bearings that were replaced. I'm 4th owner. It was a Fla. 1-owner Jeep that was purchased by a GI and built by a Fla. shop. Sold to a marine. Both military guys had wife issues. Build itself was fairly new when I got ity 2 years back.

Pitbull Rocker spare has arrived and will replace the old spare. No change in price, but I'm enjoying driving it all summer so far. If no one buys it I'll be OK.

Pic with new spare. Also added heims to the Atlas shifters for easier shifting

Attachments

• 20170812_092636-1.jpg
    20170812_092636-1.jpg
    542.9 KB · Views: 155
Is there what looks like a sleeve on the longside axle tube?

When you say it's noisy on the road, you're just referring to the engine screaming, tires roaring, soft top flapping, and lack of insulation I assume >:D

Re: 2000 TJ on tons for sale

American said:
Is there what looks like a sleeve on the longside axle tube?

When you say it's noisy on the road, you're just referring to the engine screaming, tires roaring, soft top flapping, and lack of insulation I assume >:D

Pretty sure it is a 90s dodge lp60 CAD axle with a dynatrac free spin kit, or bj ford knuckle swap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, normal road noise from tires/engine. Just pulled tranny to fix slippage in 1st gear. :mad: