• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

2016 Super Duty Suspension Sag

money_pit_yj

We have a 2016 Super Duty CCSB that has a bad sag in the rear when towing. We are towing a 24' Haulmark enclosed trailer with bulky but lightweight equipment. I have towed it with my half ton truck and it did fine. The Chevy we replaced had to have a 2"drop hitch to make the trailer sit right. The Ford has a 4" rise hitch and the trailer still noses down. It just doesn't seem right. I knew when I bought them I should've bought a Chevy. What do you Ford guys do when your stuff won't stand up right?

I have a 2015 f250 four door I pull a 14000 lb minix on a three axel bumper pull trailer that weights in ar 6200 lb. I pull the mini x up to the first trailer axel, squats the truck about three inches and I'm fine.

My buddy's 250 squats a little but not terrible pulling his gooseneck. Another buddy's Cummins is almost riding on the bump stops with the same trailer, same load.

Sounds like it was ordered without overload springs. I had a f350 like that I and put the airbag helpers with the compressor on it so u could adjust it as needed depending on the load u were pulling. Worked flawlessly for years.

Is there any type of lift on the truck? Is it 3/4 or ton? Got any pictures of it loaded and unloaded? What was the height of the hitch in comparison to the other trucks? Does it affect the steering, braking or handling in any way?

My dads is a 14 250 ccsb pulling his old 26' gooseneck with his 5200# buggy would squat a couple inches with the buggy's back tires over the center pivot on the axles? How much tounge weight you running? Air bags are always an option!

rednecklights said:
Pics or you tellin lies !
Nah your thinkin about one of your other buddies! :flipoff1: I'll try and find a pic he has a 20' gooseneck now it's a lot lighter trailer but I can eventually get pics and measurements.

al1tonyota said:
Nah your thinkin about one of your other buddies! :flipoff1: I'll try and find a pic he has a 20' gooseneck now it's a lot lighter trailer but I can eventually get pics and measurements.

Hahahhahaha

:****:

I have a 2012 f350 ccsb and when I hook up my 30ft enclosed race trailer at work it levels the truck out and it's nose heavy as hell. It used to squat my 2000 f250 really badly.

I bought a 2010 f250 ccsb new to haul my cows it squatted like that but it pulled fine . Fuel mileage was my issue . I traded in on cummins flatbed doesn't hardly squat . But it is a ton .

smbroady82 said:
.. I bought a cummins......
When you bought this cummins, what kind of truck was it in? I have a 2013 2500 Dodge pickup that squats six inches with a empty gooseneck. Pulls like a SOB just can't haul anything. You can't even drive it at night, can't see where your going.

The hitch height in the op original post is Invalid, unless both trucks have exactly the same receiver height when empty. Check and see if it has overload springs. It may squat 2-4 inches at the reciever before it even hits the overloads. In my experience the 4x4 squat drastically more than the 2wd counterparts. Especially if you have some sort of "package" on it. Ie fx4 or z71 or whatever.. I think the special packabe trucks sit a little more level when empty.
Just my observation, I have multiple brands and year trucks in my family that pull heavy loads every week. Trying to get the trailers level will drive you crazy.

350s have a 4 inch block in the rear vs the 2 inch in the f250. I swapped my 15 f250 to f350 rear blocks which makes a big difference on the way the truck sits when loaded

halcat said:
When you bought this cummins, what kind of truck was it in? I have a 2013 2500 Dodge pickup that squats six inches with a empty gooseneck. Pulls like a SOB just can't haul anything. You can't even drive it at night, can't see where your going.

2006 4x4 6spd 37in Nittos , already leveled when I bought it ( I think 2 or 3 inches, has the 2 inch block in the rear) . it squats just a touch but not enough to affect drivability .

One Rig

Heavy A$$ Hummer

2 Rigs ( unsure of combined weight )

Unloaded

All kidding aside about the ford thing. The last truck I had was a F-150, squatted something awful when towing, when we lifted it we added an add-a-leaf to the rear. It made a world of difference when towing... well that and swapping to 4.56s ( rode pretty rough unloaded ).

The spring pack has three springs. I ordered the truck with the towing package so I'm assuming helper springs are another option. Personally I could care less, I won't get to drive it until it has 240k on it. I get hand me down trucks. It is pretty low when it hooks up to the trailer, we will probably throw some helper stings on it of an air bag to help. His previous truck was very similar in stance and hitch height and you just about couldn't get it to squat. I preferred the Dodge for this particular salesman because he hauls a bunch and the Ram seems to be the best suited for towing out of the three. He had to have a ford. I gave them 9 trucks to choos from (ram, duramax, super duty in three colors) and they all chose the same truck.

money_pit_yj said:
The spring pack has three springs. I ordered the truck with the towing package so I'm assuming helper springs are another option. Personally I could care less, I won't get to drive it until it has 240k on it. I get hand me down trucks. It is pretty low when it hooks up to the trailer, we will probably throw some helper stings on it of an air bag to help. His previous truck was very similar in stance and hitch height and you just about couldn't get it to squat. I preferred the Dodge for this particular salesman because he hauls a bunch and the Ram seems to be the best suited for towing out of the three. He had to have a ford. I gave them 9 trucks to choos from (ram, duramax, super duty in three colors) and they all chose the same truck.

Honestly if they are going to keep the truck for any given period of time, I would throw a set of helper springs or airbags on it.