• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

4 link front w/steering box?

rockmike

Next issue I would like to discuss.I would prefer to put the 4 link s&n style in the front of my rig also.

Been doing some learning on this,it seems to me this could be a difficult adventure.

Tell me if my thinking is correct please:with a 4 link front useing a steering box(scout) with ram assist (T.G. set up) at static (normal ride heighth)
the draglink will need to be as level as possible or ill have horrid bump steer correct?

If so then my steering box is going to have to be mounted stupid low,to the point where ill have to build a lower section of frame to mount it to.This may not be dooable.

Please discuss this issue.Im curious to youre ideas. Thanks,Mike.:corn:

Next issue I would like to discuss.I would prefer to put the 4 link s&n style in the front of my rig also.

Been doing some learning on this,it seems to me this could be a difficult adventure.

Tell me if my thinking is correct please:with a 4 link front useing a steering box(scout) with ram assist (T.G. set up) at static (normal ride heighth)
the draglink will need to be as level as possible or ill have horrid bump steer correct?

If so then my steering box is going to have to be mounted stupid low,to the point where ill have to build a lower section of frame to mount it to.This may not be dooable.

Please discuss this issue.Im curious to youre ideas. Thanks,Mike.:corn:

Is this a street driven rig mike?

Not really Crash.I do want to try and set it up to be street legalish hehe somthing along the lines of the ultimate taco's tire covers that they did in Petersons off road rag,im sure you seen it.

Just as an attempt to keeep the man off me when im driving up milk creek road to go the rocks.You know how they are cracking down on the buggy type rigs driving around up there.

So to answer youre ? I wont be driving this down the street to get a jug of milk.But it will be seeing some gravel road action,small amount of pavement driving.

Lol,I want to use my scout steering box I had to do some serious haggling to get it.It want I want to use.Dont want to spend the coin on full hydro set up.I alreadt have a modified chevy 1 ton pump and the T.G. assist ram is cheap for me.:awesomework:

Last edited:

Please discuss this issue.Im curious to youre ideas. Thanks,Mike.

:beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :redneck:

Dual triangulated 4 link and a steering box mounted on the frame flat out do not mix.. it is reverse bump steer hell that you'd be going into. Either lose the steering box or go 3 link with panhard no two ways about it...

Oh and BTW if it was a problem to get that steering box you got fawked.... I've got 2 of them sitting here, one of them is ported for assist already and i know of another ported for cheap. :D

Dual triangulated 4 link and a steering box mounted on the frame flat out do not mix.. it is reverse bump steer hell that you'd be going into. Either lose the steering box or go 3 link with panhard no two ways about it...

It's not dual triangulated it's single and it's been done. PM DSI and ask him how well it worked.

Any link setup with a steering box will have issues unless there is a panhard involved to keep the axle movements in line with the draglink.

Sounds like you're trying to do this to a taller vehicle as in taller than most buggies? This little detail may change thing quite a bit. If I were you I would log off the internet and go find someone who really knows this stuff and ask them.

The rig will be low I like them down nice and low.Ill look to have 20"-21" under the frame with 38" tires.

Whitetrash,I got the box pretty cheap.Its just I had to work the guy for a awhile to get him to give it up.I traded him 4 alluminum wheels for his trailer that came off another zuke I bought for parts.

Sounds like you're trying to do this to a taller vehicle as in taller than most buggies? This little detail may change thing quite a bit. If I were you I would log off the internet and go find someone who really knows this stuff and ask them.

Thats kinda my prob bud, I dont know anyone that does know this stuff.Thats why im asking here.

4 link and a steering box is NOT rocket science.....can and has been done.

think push-pull steering. the drag link doesn't have to go side-->side.

:beer: