• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

42 TSL SX2

rpf500 said:
Agree with jccarter.....damn jeep just works. Not sure what is so different but it goes. Reds will be amazing.

A lot of high dollar research went into that build. molaugh I can't help but like it, just simple.

One of my wheeling buddies ran the 42/17 SX2s on his buggy for a couple of years. I was not impressed with them at all. They seemed like a harder rubber that didn't crawl well. He cut the sidewalls on three of them I think. He has recently switched to 43" SX stickies.

I have never been impressed with the SXII. They're a different tread pattern and seem to be a different compound than the beloved SXs. I would step up to a 43SX or even a 42" iSuck <gasp> before I did the SXII. Well, maybe I wouldn't go that far... But I would look at other options before the SXII. Just my two pennies.

Some of the tires from Interco are made in China. Those 42" SX2's used to be one of them, also the 40" & 47" LTB's, Irok ND's and a few others. They may have moved the molds over to the US now though, not sure but I do know a lot got moved back over here. Sounds like this may be the issue with the ones saying the compound is different than a lot of their other tires. I had a set of the 40" LTB's several years ago and they were a China tire. Didn't keep them long but I did notice the compound was different. Hope this helps