• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

8.1 vs 6.0

Rditty

Im asking people who has had both a 8.1 and a 6.0. Which would be better to put in my rock buggy? Im running a turbo 400, 205 transfer case with rockwells and 44" boggers. It wont be a junk yard motor, i plan on getting a bigger cam, some head work and a few other upgrades.

496 all the way. Its hard to beat the torque those motors make in stock form. Put a Raylar 525 cam in it and roll out. Raylar makes kits to take them to over 600 hp and 640 lb ft of torque.

http://www.raylarengineering.com/kits.html

raylar-bck103-derebeery-marine-496-dyno.jpg

raylar-600-ho-dyno.jpg

I just had a 489 built 597-624 by gawd this thing kicks assssss. Rock wells, 44's auto. Better have oversons tho and a good tranny. That torque will find all your weak points!

8.1L although they are hard too find parts for and when you do they are expensive but what the hell. I have built one for my Jimmy Smith chassis gona be awesome. :driving:

8.1 all the way. I had this same motor in my Hulk buggy. Sold the Hulk Chassis but kept the 496 w/ FAST multiport FI kit on it making 712 HP to shoe horn into the new chassis. The torque was crazy. After destroying shaft after shaft finally had to go Ouverson 2" to be able to ride all weekend. Well worth it though. If you like violence, Go 8.1 and don't look back!

I got a stroked 454 to a 496 and its unreal the torque this thing puts out So my vote on the 8.1

Latest posts