• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sold/Expired '91 Mustang 5.0 Trick Flow Street/Strip Rust Free 6 Second Car $7500-Knoxville

1slowhatch

http://knoxville.craigslist.org/cto/4794841078.html

'91 Ford Mustang original 5.0/AOD car. I purchased the car 8 years ago completely stock in Northern Nevada, so it has NO RUST. Since I purchased it, I have installed:

Trick Flow Track Heat Heads
1.7 Stud Mount Trick Flow Roller Rockers
TFS Hardened Pushrods
Trick Flow Stage 1 Cam
Edelbrock Performer Copy Intake Manifold (ported throttle body opening and cleaned up ports)
ARP Head Studs
High Performance TFS Head Gaskets
70 MM BBK Throttle Body
3g Alternator Conversion
Ford Racing Valve Covers
Cold Air Intake
24lb Injectors
255lph Walbro Fuel Pump (maybe 1000 miles ago)
Adj Fuel Pressure Regulator
Mark VIII Electric Fan Conversion
Stainless Steel Shorty Headers
2.5" Offroad H Pipe
2.5" Dumped Quiet Flowmaster Mufflers
Nitrous Express 250 hp Wet Nitrous Kit with Purge and Pressure Based Bottle Heater (WOT switch)
10lb NOS Bottle
Tubular Control Arms
Coilovers
Adj KYB Front Struts
Maximum Motorsports Caster/Camber Plates
50/50 Rear Shocks
30th Anniversary 13" Front Cobra Brake Kit
Stainless Brake Lines
5 Lug swap front and rear using correct '95 Mustang GT Brake Parts/Axles
'93 Cobra Master Cylinder, '95 GT Booster, Manual Proportioning Valve
3.73 Rear Gear swap and Posi Rebuild
PA Super Comp C4 1000 hp rated transmission with aftermarket bell housing, Trans Brake, Hurst Quarter Stick Shifter, PTC 10" Converter, PA Flexplate
17" 96-98 Mustang GT Wheels

I have well over $10k in this car. I built it to be a reliable street and strip car. It has been my daily driver for several months at a time. You can drive this car to the track, swap to slicks (or drag radials), and run high 6's in the 1/8th mile at over 100 + mph, and drive it home. I've done so at Crossville, Knoxville, and 411 Dragway. This is with the out of box 150 horsepower shot. With a swap to a plate nitrous kit, I believe this car will easily run 6.80's or 6.70's. It runs 7.80's on the motor.

This is a street/strip car, and as such, doesn't have all the amenities. No A/C, heater core has been bypassed, currently no power steering, but I will include all new power steering parts, and a March Billet Power steering bracket. The car could use a good interior clearing/work, both power door locks need actuators replaced, and the car does have several dents in the roof and hood. All factory gauges work except for the speedomoter. This car has much more time/$$ spent on it than most for sale. I believe all the body panels have the original vin tags, no serious accidents.

I am asking $7500 as pictured. I have clean title in my name, in hand, There will be no test drives without cash in hand. Almost all parts were purchased new and have many receipts through the years. I also just flushed the cooling system and changed the oil. I'm only selling as I am moving cross country and can't bring it.

For $8000 I'll include front Weld Prostars with good tires, the necessary 1.5" spacers to clear the big brakes and rear Prostars, as well as a worn set of 17" Drag Radials.

rednecklights said:
7.80's with that setup is moving pretty good. Happen to have a time slip ?

What tires were you running then ?

What's the '60 times and et on spray ?

Jon Piper

I've got plenty of time slips. Usually on the 150 shot would 60' in the 1.49-1.55 range. Best time on a 150 shot is 6.95 @ 100.5. In Crossville, TN it went 6.98 @ 100.98.

It seems to work well for stockish suspension. Hell, it's been 1.49 on a 17" Mickey Drag Radial on heavy 17" wheels.