• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

A lil Something

crash said:
Thanks spenser and hopefully your setup is stil working as it should :; If not I wana know :;

Werks like a champ And surprisingly i get no spill overs outta my resevoir when i off camber:cool:

Do you have any pictures of how you tied the 'A' pillar into the floor?

TDW said:
Do you have any pictures of how you tied the 'A' pillar into the floor?

Not yet. I will snap a few when I finish putting the interior in... But I made a flat plate and it bolts thru the floor to the rocker protection so the cage is tied into some good structure...

Ok I have been slacking on pics and the last few days have been kinda busy with family stuff.

But here is the new steering box mounted

matt36.jpg
[/quote]

Due to the fact of the box being longer I had to shorten the steering shaft after the last u-joint--not too hard but takes a lil trickery.

I had removed alot of small stuff on the front of the rig(headlamps and such) to try and figure out where the heck to put the power steering cooler. I finally found a spot behind/below the winch plate. Now granted its not the best area for air flow but there should be enough and due to the style/size the radient heat release should be enough to keep the system cool. Plus I also used synthetic fluid.

matt37.jpg
[/quote]

matt38.jpg
[/quote]

As you can see--tight lil fawker (are you seeing a trend yet :haha: :haha: :haha: )

Ok now for the tough part. I spent about 2 hours and went over every inch of the rig from front/back trying to figure out where to fit the new tranny cooler--its not exactly small and I didn't have the heart to call matt and say it wasn't going to work without a fight :D

So after alot of figuring I finally found how to pound the square peg into that round hole--very large hammer :flipoff:

So here is where its going to go.

matt41.jpg
[/quote]

matt42.jpg
[/quote]

Now granted yes its not going to be 100% efficiant but it will draw cool air from down /thru the back of the fender well--but the sure size of it and the fact that there is a fan on it should make up for the location...

Nice work. The mounting under the winch plate won't matter. Stu (of stu-offroad.com) did the same thing on his TJ. No problems yet.

Edit, add brake fluid. ;)

KarlVP said:
Nice work. The mounting under the winch plate won't matter. Stu (of stu-offroad.com) did the same thing on his TJ. No problems yet.

Most of your typical hydro assist systems don't require a ton of cooling due to the fact of how more efficiant they are...

crash said:
I haven't driven it except in/out of the shop. Is the box a different ratio?

Hell, I dunno...I was just wondering if it has the std slow but strong steering assist deal going on. I would imagine with the "kit" it should work pretty damn good.

So I was able to chomp thru more of the tranny stuff. Here is where I mounted the liquid filled guage. With the cage where it is it made for a perfect spot..

matt43.jpg
[/quote]

So I went and made a couple spacers and fully mounted the cooler. So once that was done it was time to figure out where the T for the guage sensor and thermo swtich for the fan was going to go. The cooler was an -6 and so was the thermo switch. So I had to cut some of the rear fender support bracket out and went and mounted the switch on the cooler itself. And directly below that is where the "T" is. Now this is below the cooler where you can't see from top and had to work between the link bars. Needless to say it was all pretty tight but was able to make everything work

matt44.jpg
[/quote]

So once that was done I was able to finish running the rest of the new cooler line and then ran the rig with no leaks :cheer: .

The thermo switch was desinged to control the voltage directly to the fan but---I hate wiring stuff to carry a heavy load/spikes. SO I went and wired up a relay that the thermo switch controls.

matt45.jpg
[/quote]

So I have about 2 hours left of stuff and then onto the ramp it goes to see how the ram does....

Bunk said:
Hell, I dunno...I was just wondering if it has the std slow but strong steering assist deal going on. I would imagine with the "kit" it should work pretty damn good.

I am sure what it cost it better be :D

Latest posts