• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

aluminum wheels vs steel wheels

NTIDWELL

debateing which wheel to run on a set of rockwells mrt steel beadlock wheels or a set of custom made trail ready aluminum beadlock wheels was wanting to get yalls oppinoin on this being yall the roughest on ur **** and know what will hold up price on steel is cheaper and can bend it back out al. looks hell of alot better but has price to match was wanting to run steel wheel with al rings but wideopen is not able to get any in or takeing any orders any info would help

nobody got an oppinoin on what they would run or what would hold up better for bouncen

I would run steel they'll take more abuse I have a set of chrome bart wheels that I made with aluminum deadlock rings for rockwells a few years ago no one else had chrome whees on there rocks that I wheeled with they looked badass but time and rocks destroyed the aluminum outer rings I took those wheels off and had to go with a set off all black steel allied wheel that I recentered because my aluminum outers were letting my rims spin in the tires we often wondered y one of the tires looked like it quit pulling changed my wheels now the axels are snapping dammit its always something the problems just move around lol.

At koh last year I drove 26 miles on a flat tire and raceline wheel. On thing it did was put a flat spot in it. Called raceline when I got home to get a new one and they said it can be hammered back to round to bad we ditched it in the desert or it could have been fixed. Ill run racelines from now on.

waitn on raceline 2 get back with a quote on thier wheels like the looks of wheels also

Most forged aluminum wheels are strong enough to be hammered back straight. Cast wheels are toast and will probably break before they even bend.