• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Any early bronco people?

mckeddie

Have a buddy looking for an EB to build into a summer cruiser. He found one, but we have no idea on a fair price for it. It's a 67, with an essentially junk 302 and 3 speed w a Dana 30 front axel. It has a newer fiberglass body on it and a hard top. He can buy it minus the engine, tranny and hardtop (all he doesn't want). Guy is asking $10,000 for everything. I told him I thought $7,000-$7500, but I have no clue the market of these except they bring stupid money.

I've owned about 50 of them. It will have much more value in the long
run if he starts with a steel tub and a dana 44 front. The most desirable
and valuable will be 73 and later with auto, PS and PB. 76-77 had it all
with factory disk brakes.

He's up in Chicago. They are pretty slim pickings up here for a decent one. They bring crazy money, we are directly in the rust belt remember. That'd be like finding a steel body jeep up here. They don't exist. He isn't gonna wheel it, just drive it when he doesn't want to drive the cobra.

matlock said:
I've owned about 50 of them. It will have much more value in the long
run if he starts with a steel tub and a dana 44 front. The most desirable
and valuable will be 73 and later with auto, PS and PB. 76-77 had it all
with factory disk brakes.

^This is true.

When I travel back east, I never see them, and when I do, its a rotted corpse. They do bring stupid money...probably the highest of the vintage 4x4s. They are cool though 8)
We seem to have a surplus of them here locally. Seen a few decent ones go for 5-7k but usually its 10k and up. I would hold out or make a road trip to get a solid deal.

Check on classicbroncos.com there are some good deals on there sometimes,might have to drive a good ways to find a nice one,if your not close to one you find there is usually someone on there that will check it out for you.

Like my old running buddy Matlock, I've owned a few in my driving years. For a early year model with a fiberglass tub and without the running gear that is high! More like 5k for me and that would be pushing it. I have just what your buddy needs, but already spoken for. 76 with auto, disc brakes, PS with a fresh warmed over 302 & a gone through, new hub to hub Dana 44 with minimal rustin all the usual places. I priced it to a friend for a father/son project at 6k which he balked at & another local eb guy snapped it up without blinking a eye. My advice is to keep looking. You can get a better deal by traveling some to get it.

Brian

There is no way an unfinished Bronco with a fiberglass tub is worth 10K. I'd have a tough time paying that for a very nice ready to go unit with a glass tub.