• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Any MMA fans?

vanguard

That rock walker guy
I just saw that Randy Couture will be fighting Lesnar for the championship. Nog will fight Mir for the interim championship then they'll have champion vs. champion. I love the way that the UFC schedules fights that people want to see. If this was boxing they would be protecting their records and dodging each other.

In other news, Rashad Evans is fighting Liddel on Saturday, which is a pretty cool match up too.

Yeah he and Dana White got their **** worked out.
edit:checked and could not find anything online about issues with airing affliction fights

bigsilly said:
Yeah he and Dana White got their **** worked out. I also heard Dana filed some **** that blocks Affliction from airing future fights. I guess he does not want competition... laughing1 I am sure when he saw what Trump's payroll was he had to do something or he would not have any fighters left.
Yeah, Dana is seriously good at playing hardball. It's not much fun to work for him (I'm guessing) but it's impressive to see what Dana gets done. Great fights and a profitable business. Personally, I hope Dana keeps winning like this. I spent years watching as Pride and UFC fighters rarely fought against each other. It's better for the fans if everybody is under one organization.

I think Lesnar will get schooled, but we shall see. Fedor would school both of them. 8)

Edit: Just read the politics thread........... :eek:

Palin would make Obama tap like a little girl! :flipoff1:

There is a court injunction against affliction that dana got filed. Lesnar will have his hands full as **** with coture unless he learns to fight on the ground!

He showed weakness in the herring fight too, once he got him down, he basically just laid on him for 2 rounds. I will pull for him though, I like that cat!

It's a cool match up to me. Lesnar is one of the few guys that could have the takedown advantage over Randy. Neither one of the has great submission skills but Randy seems to be better with the ground and pound and his stand up is years ahead of Brock's.

I'm just psyched at the way the UFC doesn't protect fighters. If two top guys are the same weight you can bet that they'll be matched up ASAP. Nobody gets easy fights.