• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Anyone have problems with USPS?

tonybolton

Bypass Crawler
Let me just start off by saying that I order a lot and I mean a lot of **** over the internet and it must be delivered to my home.....not a business.

Everytime I see a vendor send me something through USPS I automatically know that there's going to be some kind of ****ing drama or some kind of issue or some kind of delay with that ****.

There is only one time that I can think of that I got something that was right and I think I ordered it from Barnes 4 wheel drive or maybe it was even ruff stuff. But they still delivered it at something like seven or eight o'clock at night....when I went ahead and tore into the jeep on the "delivery date".

UPS is the number one around here that logistics company is awesome.. FedEx is a distant second and that sorry ass USPS can go **** itself.

I was supposed to have a vehicle title delivered here through certified mail on Wednesday I never even saw them at my door. I work 3rd shift so I know I'm here....at 3pm there's a note in the mail box that says sorry they missed me.

I take that note and go online to reschedule the delivery for today. Today is my only day off so I figured I would just sit around the house and wait on that truck to be 100%.

The truck just ran and I was going to meet her halfway in the driveway and she started driving off so I yelled at her and flag her down. I asked her if she had a certified letter for Me and she said no and I said well I have the letter here that I rescheduled it for a delivery today. She then proceeded to tell me or ask me if I rescheduled it online and of course I said yes and she said oh I'm sorry that systems been down for a little bit it won't be till Monday. The only positive thing is that she let me sign the card that was left to ensure that it will be delivered on Monday I told her in the most politically correct voice and tone that it better be.

9ee6ec1ef14090bbe05f2e6c17f17313.jpg

I really think it's a postman(women in your case) problem more so than usps. I actually have better luck with them on getting something quick than I do ups or fed-ex. My postman is really good to get out of his vehicle and set my items inside my garage instead of kicking them out in the driveway like I hear some do. My business partner seems to have a lazy postman on his route and experances problems like you describe. Probably won't help any but you may complain to your postmaster and see if he/she can inspire your postman do better.

Re:

I kind of figured it was a sporadic kind of thing.

I mean it's honestly to the point I ask people that I'm buying stuff from what they're going to ship it through and I will pay the extra to not use USPS.

Re:

I have good luck through usps but **** fed ex they have screwed me a couple times.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Chris S said:
I really think it's a postman(women in your case) problem more so than usps. I actually have better luck with them on getting something quick than I do ups or fed-ex. My postman is really good to get out of his vehicle and set my items inside my garage instead of kicking them out in the driveway like I hear some do. My business partner seems to have a lazy postman on his route and experances problems like you describe. Probably won't help any but you may complain to your postmaster and see if he/she can inspire your postman do better.

Yep. That's what I was going to say.

Re:

I was pissed......using voice to text option. I'm still pissed. I just got through sending a complaint to them but that just fired me up all over again because nothing will be done.

My experience with usps is I have a personalized street name! The postman would forget? that my road was off of the road I live on. They would leave maybe half my mail and return the rest to the sender with a stamp that said no such address! Holy **** I was getting so pissed! I got to know the postmaster by first name every time I got mail that had been relabeled with the same ****in address under the sticker as on the sticker I would call her my check stub is mailed and should get it on Wednesday I wouldn't get it until Thursday or Friday I'd call basically any problem I had that I could prove! :****: basically I along with some other people complaining got my carrier fired! New carrier hasn't had one problem! I have a big mailbox so packages can be put in there, new carrier brings them to my house (1/4 mile drive) and puts the package on my porch! Much happier!

Re: Re:

tonybolton said:
I was pissed......using voice to text option. I'm still pissed. I just got through sending a complaint to them but that just fired me up all over again because nothing will be done.
Yer such a meanie.

This basically sums up my experience with usps. This was the tracking off the last thing I had shipped through them.
7867dd9fad3b8ebc484d3fb0a213616b.jpg

It's a double-edged sword. They are the only logistics company that operates at a loss so there's no way to beat their pricing. I ship almost exclusively via USPS, hundreds of packages a year, because of Flat Rate. My packages are typically so heavy that a $18 shipment via USPS would cost the customer $50 to ship via either of the others. Over the thousands I have shipped over the past 4 years I have learned that UNINSURED packages get lost 10 times more often than INSURED. As a result I simply won't ship uninsured any more unless its something I don't mind eating the cost of. Generally the timing of an insured package has been as promised though.

The main exception was during the holidays this year. They got WAY behind. NOTHING I shipped arrived on time, NOTHING I had shipped to me arrived on time. Stuff would stall out for days to a week in one location and then just randomly start back up. It was frustrating from a customer service POV to tell my customers to just be patient, but all the packages eventually made it to their destinations anywhere from 2 days to a week late. They seem to be caught back up for the most part now though.

Re: Re: Anyone have problems with USPS?

The Luke said:
This basically sums up my experience with usps. This was the tracking off the last thing I had shipped through them.
7867dd9fad3b8ebc484d3fb0a213616b.jpg
Yup!!! Seen that many times as well with them. It also seems they work with FedEx on something called SmartPost....where it gets sent by FedEx but then FedEx says **** it and turns it over to USPS. Two ****tards ****in the same football.

Scaler said:
If not for junk mail they'd be out of business

I don't know their exact finances but I know their hands are tied by unions and a lot of money is taken out by congress as well. Hard to imagine how any company can functions like that.

USPS has some absolute trash ee's who are so entrenched in the system that they are completely harmful, not to speak of productivity. But they also have a lot that are genuinely good, hard workers. I've had to deal with both. I have tons of stories, enough to fill pages and pages. Someday I might actually write a book about it. But the summary is that I would put more faith in USPS being able to survive without congress than I would put in congress being able to survive without USPS.

patooyee said:
I don't know their exact finances but I know their hands are tied by unions and a lot of money is taken out by congress as well. Hard to imagine how any company can functions like that.
This is true about gov pulling money they have been sorting mail in Tuscaloosa for a long time? From cutbacks they had to close, now it's sorted in Birmingham so that adds an extra day for most packages!