• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Anyone warranty longs yet?

Mo (Rokcrlr) got some warrantied. Said he called TG, they asked if he had receipt and he said no, then they said ok, just send em in. And supposedly got a replacement set. Think it will have to be broke though.

Just call TG and talk to them.

TacomaJD said:
Mo (Rokcrlr) got some warrantied. Said he called TG, they asked if he had receipt and he said no, then they said ok, just send em in. And supposedly got a replacement set. Think it will have to be broke though.

Just call TG and talk to them.
Called and they said to send them in... 1 week later i had the new ones on the front porch.
They did ask for a receipt but didn't have one.

TG warranty is not like Longs warranty was... give them a call and see what they'll do :dblthumb:

84turbotoy said:
I've got a driver side birf in bad shape, do you guys know if warranty still stands?
What is "bad shape"?
If it just needs to be rebuilt, they will charge you to rebuild... that was the same with Bobby.

smurfy90 said:
Thought RCV was taking them in on warranty?

Negative. TG bought Longfield and TG is handling the warranties. RCV built the axles for Bobby before he died, since then RCV is completely unrelated to anything Longfield or Trail Gear. So, that means, the "Longfields" you get as a replacement for your authentic Longfields, are not really Longfields. They are TG's axles that are branded as Longfields. Pretty much all TG bought was the name to put on their ****. Then everybody says "well at least they honor warranties on authentic Longs" .....if they didn't, they knew buying the Longfield name would never work out for them in the long run.

I personally will only buy RCV's for my Toy axles, fawk Trail Gear. Just put a complete set in my FJ80 front axle a few months ago. Feels good having the strongest axles on the market, backed by a lifetime warranty. RCV will still be in the game a looooong time from now.

TacomaJD said:
Negative. TG bought Longfield and TG is handling the warranties. RCV built the axles for Bobby before he died, since then RCV is completely unrelated to anything Longfield or Trail Gear. So, that means, the "Longfields" you get as a replacement for your authentic Longfields, are not really Longfields. They are TG's axles that are branded as Longfields. Pretty much all TG bought was the name to put on their ****. Then everybody says "well at least they honor warranties on authentic Longs" .....if they didn't, they knew buying the Longfield name would never work out for them in the long run.

I personally will only buy RCV's for my Toy axles, fawk Trail Gear. Just put a complete set in my FJ80 front axle a few months ago. Feels good having the strongest axles on the market, backed by a lifetime warranty. RCV will still be in the game a looooong time from now.

THIS!! when i break another authentic long ill send it in to trail gear for warranty as a spare then turn around an order one from RCV to put back in the buggy

TG won't rebuild them. They told me mine had to be broke to warranty and no one there rebuilds them.

Sent from the mans IPhone.

It's super tight on range of motion by turning it foreward to reverse the balls have a little play. It started popping is why I checked it.

84turbotoy said:
It's super tight on range of motion by turning it foreward to reverse the balls have a little play. It started popping is why I checked it.
Mine were doing the same. And I asked for the manufacturer contact so I could have it rebuilt. Wouldn't do it.

Sent from the mans IPhone.