• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

AOP 4 Banger Crawl Jan 21, 2017

Rokcrler

Join us for one of the coolest forms of competition there is at the AOP. Not only is it one of the most fun comps to spectate but even more fun when you participate. The courses chosen offer very little chance of breakage or carnage. The courses provide a great way for those with a 4 cylinder offroad vehicle to compete in a fun and friendly environment. We have scheduled several comps for the guys with the 4 cylinder engines over the winter. We will run 2 classes for this series and both classes will compete on the same hill or trail at each event. The entry fee will be $50.00 per driver and a portion of the parks fees for event day will also be added to the payout. This portion from the park will be allocated proportionally based on the percentage of competitors per class. Our goal with the 2 classes is to create a class that most basic 4x4 vehicles can compete against each other. While the list below is a general requirement the race director will have make the final decision on race day as to what class you will be eligible for.

The 2 classes will be set as follows.

STOCK MOD VEHICLES
-50% of original body or more
-50% of stock frame or more
-No restrictions on suspension
-No restrictions on tire size
-No restrictions on power adders

BUGGY CLASS = Unlimited
-Full tube chassis
-No restrictions on suspension
-No restrictions on tire size
-No restrictions on power adders

Safety Requirements:
Cage, roll bar, exo
5 point harnesses
Neck brace
Arm restraints or doors or window nets
Full face DOT helmet
Fire extinguisher

These really are a blast guys. Mark your calendars! The more participation we have the more $ and positions they are willing to pay out!

I had a great time hopefully these new heims for my steering aren't going to get destroyed like the old one did

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was glad we had enough junk to get you off trail . And was glad to see you back up and running for second hill

Trailjeep said:
Was glad we had enough junk to get you off trail . And was glad to see you back up and running for second hill
Definitely owe you for that one. Chromoly heims are getting put on this weekend so that won't happen again thanks again for the hand and to whoever let me get a new bolt also. Good people in the off-road parks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smbroady82 said:
Kel,
Can you add this to the calendar? It's the second race in this year's series.

Thanks!

Gonna try right now.......added to calendar

Re:

Does anyone know what time it's going to start? Will this be a series or just a couple of races throughout the winter?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Re:

This is a 5 race series. This will be race 2 of 5
Drivers meeting is at 9am central time racing starts at 10am central time.

Re:

Rokcrler said:
This is a 5 race series. This will be race 2 of 5
Drivers meeting is at 9am central time racing starts at 10am central time.

Not really a series, 5 planned races. Payouts for each. No points . No Series winner. Come to any one , or all the races.
Tom did not want people to think if they did not run all the races they would miss out on something.
Just scheduled races. For fun with payout.
Glad to have anyone any time.
Come race with us.

Re:

Oh ok, that's what I wanted to make sure. I may be interested in bringing my turd up and give it a shot. I've been wanting to come check out AOP for a while anyway.

Re:

yota38strong said:
Oh ok, that's what I wanted to make sure. I may be interested in bringing my turd up and give it a shot. I've been wanting to come check out AOP for a while anyway.

They're a blast! Come on out !

This will be the first time I've ever raced my truck before. Anxious to see how my truck does and looking forward to meeting some of you guys. Hoping to start racing in all the 4banger races.

Toyotacrawler said:
This will be the first time I've ever raced my truck before. Anxious to see how my truck does and looking forward to meeting some of you guys. Hoping to start racing in all the 4banger races.

You should be fine, there really isn't any "hill killing" in these. All of the "courses/trails" we run are set up to where 90% of trail rigs can complete the course/trail, they just time it. I think they are going to pick a more "technical" trail for one of the next ones :dblthumb: