• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Assault rifle discussion!

A little pawn shop in hartselle al had a bushmaster. ar for sale 5.56 brand new for 1099 I almost bought it just to resale

http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jan/14/gun-owners-under-assault/

The assault is also under way at the state level. New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo is hoping to adopt the country's most stringent gun-control laws. "Set an example for the rest of the nation," he thundered Wednesday during the opening session of the state Assembly. "This is New York, the progressive capital, you should show them how we lead." The first-term Democrat is pushing the myth that the Second Amendment is only meant for hunting, not an essential defense against government tyranny. "Forget the extremists," he said. "It's simple: No one hunts with an assault rifle. No one needs 10 bullets to kill a deer."

In a backroom deal that could hit the floor of the Empire State Senate as early as Friday, the governor's plan would ban all so-called assault weapons outright. Mr. Cuomo even told WGDJ-AM radio that "confiscation could be an option."

I know there's a few of you yankees on here, and I feel for you. Part of me feels obligated to come help (people like Rockwell607), and part of me says let them swim. Let the lawless rule.

There pissin in the wind if they think there gonna come get everyones guns. I think they poked a sleeping bear when they dropped the idea of ban again. Look at how many guns/ammo have flew off the shelf. Hell the news had a police dept showing they had one box of ammo and had no idea when they would be getting any more. I think thats pretty damn funny. Hope they dont have too many shoot outs. If you ask me i wouldnt have air'd that on the news but thats the reason we are in the shape we're in now. Media shows the bad and not the good.
Gonna get on a rant if i dont stop here :****:

They'll create violence tenfold compared to the **** that's happened recently if they try confiscating civilian assault weapons. There's alot of people out there with a lack of common sense and nothing to lose that I'm sure owns assault rifles. There will be ALOT of good ol boys that won't go down without a fight.

TacomaJD said:
They'll create violence tenfold compared to the **** that's happened recently if they try confiscating civilian assault weapons. There's alot of people out there with a lack of common sense and nothing to lose that I'm sure owns assault rifles. There will be ALOT of good ol boys that won't go down without a fight.

yup, i got a friend sitting on 4 ars with over 5000 rds. also has 2 huge gun safes full of guns and other ammo. I want to be where i can see shtf when they knock on his door lol

As I've said many times before, I have 1,220 rounds right now. If they come for mine they had better bring 1,221 body bags. Last one for me, because I'm a "cold, dead hands" kinda guy.

Part of me thinks they'll never pass anything to permanently fawk anything up, but the other part thinks it may happen. It's hard to decide which way to lean. We've definitely got the political-official arithmetic correct in order for some **** to go down, so who knows.

considering they already had a ban on assualt weapons and mag capacity i gurantee there will be another. i think the only thing holding them back is there has been so much private sales that they have NO CLUE whos got what.. that and ther are still pro gun people out there fighting like the NRA. With out the NRA i bet we would be lucky to get BB guns..

and i saw on facebook that walmarts CEO's or what ever have denied any walmart to order any more 223 ammo.. anyone heard this? cant hardly beleive half the **** on ****book

Got my new favorite t-shirt in the mail today....
FDB3A91B-0E80-470E-9A79-A379E8B0F163-24280-00001E71CB91F895.jpg

Put a small tri rail on the barrel under the A post and the matching Flat Dark Earth color foregrip/bipod combo, next will be to buy another led tactical light like I have on my Glock and I'll be done modding it for now until I decide on what kind of scope I want....or even if I want a scope. I can shoot 2-3" groups all day long at 50 yds with iron sights free standing (not even shooting from a bench or rest) so for now I see no reason to buy a scope. I'm slowing down shooting it now that I'm used to it so that I don't waste anymore ammo so it's not like I'm gonna be doing much recreational shooting with it anyways molaugh

IMAG0002.jpg

IMAG0005.jpg

IMAG0004.jpg

Keep the iron sight. I used to knock down the 300m pop-ups back in the Army with iron sights. I would have had a perfect score EVERY time if not for that 50m on the right. From prone, it was an awkward transition for me.

I'm taking my little tactical scope off and putting the iron back on. It's about useless, save for aquiring targets indoors on the fly but I can do that with irons too.

5BrothersFabrication said:
Keep the iron sight. I used to knock down the 300m pop-ups back in the Army with iron sights. I would have had a perfect score EVERY time if not for that 50m on the right. From prone, it was an awkward transition for me.

I'm taking my little tactical scope off and putting the iron back on. It's about useless, save for aquiring targets indoors on the fly but I can do that with irons too.

Yea that's my thoughts, I've got the Magpul sights dialed in pretty accurate so I ain't even worried about optics. But I wouldn't mind buying something in the ballpark of up to 10x zoom or so just to try a little longer range shooting accuracy. I like to try to outshoot my buddies lol

I shoot a 45-120 black powder cartridge rifle and in the competition shoots you shoot in the same class with peep sights or scoped rifle. I had to go to a scope because I couldn't focus on rear peep, front insert and target at the same time. Getten old I guess. I dont shoot any more, but we shot 300 m and 900 meters. 110 grains powder 538 grain lead. Peeps are just as accurate as a scope.( in good light)

TacomaJD said:
Put a small tri rail on the barrel under the A post and the matching Flat Dark Earth color foregrip/bipod combo, next will be to buy another led tactical light like I have on my Glock and I'll be done modding it for now until I decide on what kind of scope I want....or even if I want a scope. I can shoot 2-3" groups all day long at 50 yds with iron sights free standing (not even shooting from a bench or rest) so for now I see no reason to buy a scope. I'm slowing down shooting it now that I'm used to it so that I don't waste anymore ammo so it's not like I'm gonna be doing much recreational shooting with it anyways molaugh

IMAG0002.jpg

I really like that exact setup. If you don't mind where'd you find that foregrip/bipod?

wagnon89 said:
I really like that exact setup. If you don't mind where'd you find that foregrip/bipod?

Ebay. Alot of them are from overseas sellers, but look til you find an American seller like this one. This is the 2nd one of these bipods I've had, first one was black and had it on a M&P 15-22. Best bang for your buck, I gave $12.13 free shipping for this one. Couldn't believe I got a Flat Dark Earth one that's an exact match for my gun so cheap. Think I gave more for the black one I had on that 15-22.

Here's one that's tan and it's only $11.55 free shipping. Looks like all the black ones are over $20 and you can even get them with lights/lasers attached to them. Not really my style, but the option is there lol. Just do a search for "foregrip bipod" and browse the results.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Spring-loaded-20mm-Rail-Tactical-RIS-Foregrip-Bipod-Tan-/320960322045?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4abab9d9fd#ht_4694wt_917

Latest posts