• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Back to square one.......

changed the winch mount
DSCN2426.jpg

DSCN2431.jpg

That big ass crappy winch leaves little room for a cooler.:beer::beer::beer:
keep up the good work clark. Don't over use the thick plate ur car will end up being a tank.

where at?

Im going out with Snohomish County S&R, we are debating on Jack's Pass or somewhere in Darrington area. Trying to find snow. Im waiting on the steering wheel and seats from PRP. I barrowed seats from a buddy so all my mounts are in just need to bolt mine down. Im getting really nervious that my seats wont be here on time. Its going in for exhaust next week.

Thanks Bobby!!

After trying to jimmy everything to fit for the steering ram, diff clearance and stuff up front, i went ahead and decided to make some more room:redneck: Also massaged the passenger header for some more clearance and welded on some better flanges. I'll get some 1.25 tube tomorrow to slug the rails and put them in.

DSCN2449.jpg

DSCN2450.jpg

DSCN2441.jpg

DSCN2442.jpg

DSCN2440.jpg

Have u made sure a radiator will fit, if u raise the frame rails? The engine looks pretty far foward? That does not leave very much room, unless your hood is mounted very high. Which looks dumb, and visability will suck.

Looks good Clark keep up the good work.:awesomework:I call dibs on the atlas that if you change your mind.:D

Have u made sure a radiator will fit, if u raise the frame rails? The engine looks pretty far foward? That does not leave very much room, unless your hood is mounted very high. Which looks dumb, and visability will suck.

yeah i made sure it will fit already (19x24 RonDavis) before i cut the
rails out, that's how i figured how much i could raise it, tight fit, but it'll fit. It will slant back at the same angle as the shock mount tube, I will have to run the manifold backwards though since there will be no room for the intake or throttle body.

Now i think i have enough room to do anything i want to the steering and upper link mount. Night and day difference.

DSCN2454.jpg

DSCN2466.jpg

DSCN2465.jpg

DSCN2467.jpg

those flanges

DSCN2456.jpg

DSCN2458.jpg

What hood are you going to run? I could never get my 19x22 RonDavis to fit in there like that under my TC landcruiser hood. But I kept my hood as low as possible.

DSI's TC jeep hood seems to be longer than mine, and he has more room for his radiator.

What hood are you going to run? I could never get my 19x22 RonDavis to fit in there like that under my TC landcruiser hood. But I kept my hood as low as possible.

DSI's TC jeep hood seems to be longer than mine, and he has more room for his radiator.

I've been looking for a used TJ clip but they seem to be pretty elusive. Probably a TC, CJ or FJ hood. Probably order it tomorrow, i know they have a 54" Fj in stock for sure. The TC TJ hoods aren't 54".

When i set the RAD in there, the Radiator cap is slightly above (.25"-.5" the level of the bars going over the engine, the bottom of the rad is at the bottom of the frame rails.

Like i said it looks tight, but i'm confident i can make it fit, that will be the easy part of this build.:D

Last edited: