• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

beadlocks

pokey

just me
I have a set of allied beadlocks 15" X 8" with the 32 bolt steel rings. Does anyone know if an Aluminum ring can be used on these? Are they interchangable at all or brand specific?

The set I have built by Brian D in Yakima have the AL outer & steel inner rings works fine.

I know Trail Larry's are interchangable, I would assume a 32 bolt pattern on a 15 is a 32 bolt pattern on a 15.

Pokey, Correct me if I am wrong as it has been two years since I had some allied wheels in my hands but don't the allied's outer ring have a contour on the inside to help keep the tire pinched in place.

If so you may want to just leave the stock ring.

Pokey, Correct me if I am wrong as it has been two years since I had some allied wheels in my hands but don't the allied's outer ring have a contour on the inside to help keep the tire pinched in place.

If so you may want to just leave the stock ring.

I will have to take a look. I havent had the need to break one down and I got them with the tires on already. I was just wondering since I like the look of some of the alum. rings

I will have to take a look. I havent had the need to break one down and I got them with the tires on already. I was just wondering since I like the look of some of the alum. rings

Jim,
The ring is made to self center the tire. Got to Allied's web site and they explain alot about the how's and why's they are made the way they are.
http://www.alliedrockathons.com/opening_page.htm

Also I would call Allied and ask them.