• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

bending tube

half ton

Got a new bender that is flattening the outside radius. It is 1.75 .120 wall here. Any ideas? Also it is a 6.0 clr.

Yes it is 1.75 and I used wd40..would that make a difference over using grease on the follower.

What brand bender are you using? Grease or some kind of lithium grease would work better than wd-40 but if you are using a jd square or name brand bender, grease isn't necessary.

The company is working with me so I don't want put the name of it out. Just trying to get some ideas from fellow benders.

I know I had similar issues with .095 wall on a 4.5 clr die. That was with a roller follower. Rogue Fab said it isn't possible to go much more than 20° with that combo. 6" clr with .120 should be more than fine. :dunno:

If it's a rouge fab bender, make sure the clamp die is not slipping on the tube. We have ran 3-400' through this one with the same dies and tube your speaking of and only once did it flatten the bend. Clamp die slipping was the problem. After that one I cleaned the surface good where I was clamping and thightened the bolts evenly and haven't had an issue since.

I have had some tube kink once but I bent a piece and didn't have it bent enough and didn't get it seated back in right (in a hurry) and it kinked it and had to beat the **** out of it to get it out.

My JD2 1-1/2 die started flattening the outside of the tube, turned out to be the follow bar was too worn. Ordered the 2 aluminum pieces, good as new, bends perfect.

so 6 of your 15 posts are in this thread asing for help? WTF is Hardline your own personal fab-ipedia page? We ask for some more info on the bender and you refuse to share that but still want help???
Maybe the internet and this page are failing here, but this is a community, we expect input in receipt of output. More importantly; so future "half tons" dont have to ask the same question as you did. They can hit" search": type in bender brand name, and flat tube, and whamo here we go.

If that is something that you cant phathom, please lose your login.