• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Best Business credit card

NTIDWELL

Just as it says what's the best business credit cards For rewards / apr/ lowest fees . I know there is a lot of small business owners on here Looking at mostly fuel purchases with random job supplies here and there

Following as well, I have a friend who buys all his inventory on his cc, his bill is as much as $45k, pays it off every month and lives off the cash back bonus rewards.

grcthird said:
Following as well, I have a friend who buys all his inventory on his cc, his bill is as much as $45k, pays it off every month and lives off the cash back bonus rewards.
Most rewards are 1%. I'd have to charge 250,000 a month to cover my bills haha. There is a good thread about this in Pirate vendors forum. A lot of the bigger guys do this too, there were a couple that had 2% back on a LOT of stuff. I'll have to look if I have time.

Cap 1 spark was the one a couple of them were touting.
I've been threatening to get a SW airlines card and spend the right amount in a year to get a free companion pass, which means you pick one person and they can go anywhere you go for free for a year. Currently AMEX

I use a personal Amex Delta Platinum. The wife and I like to travel a lot so it works great for me. Charge $30k+ a month on it. Usually works out to roughly 2% return (can only spend with Delta) plus some other perks like 1 free domestic campanion ticket a year (basically buy one round trip flight in the US, cash or miles, and get one free), free bags, etc.

I also have a capital one Quicksilver card that I think is 1.5% but I only really use it for places that won't take Amex.

I like the spark. Also looking at the US Bank elite card looks like 3% cash back on fuel and 1% on other purchases

Get a card that has rewards on what you'll buy/use the most.

When I had an expense account that I got reimbursed for (~$40K/yr average) I used a Hilton Honors AMEX.

I stayed in a Hampton Inn or other Hilton chain hotel 3-4 nights a week, so I got a TON of Hilton reward points.

Free vacations, free hotel stays, etc worked very well for me. Spent a week in Cabo at the Hilton resort free. etc.
NTIDWELL said:
I like the spark. Also looking at the US Bank elite card looks like 3% cash back on fuel and 1% on other purchases

What are your main type of purchases and where do you shop at Nathan? Some CC give you better rewards than others. thumb.gif

Re: Re: Best Business credit card

blacksheep10 said:
Cap 1 spark was the one a couple of them were touting.
I've been threatening to get a SW airlines card and spend the right amount in a year to get a free companion pass, which means you pick one person and they can go anywhere you go for free for a year. Currently AMEX
100k in 1 year get its. They are offering 60k points/miles/whatever at sign up right now.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Re:

I have gold Amex business. You can pick different categories from to get 3x back and the rest are 2x. My 3x is gas, but I have the chase freedom and it's 5% for the first quarter of the year. 5% off fedex charges when you have a FedEx account that you link the card to. Back at the end of November to the end of December they had small business double points. You also get the warranties and other stuff through anex. It doesn't report to your credit report.

I have been thinking about adding the business sparks that 2% year round on everything and not on some dumb category like office supplies. I read that they do report to the credit agencies.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

CHASMAN9 said:
What are your main type of purchases and where do you shop at Nathan? Some CC give you better rewards than others. thumb.gif
. Gas/diesel. Hotels. And. Home Depot / lowes

I'll give you view for the employee side. The company that work for used Discover card and it worked great, I never had any problems with it and never had a store/hotel turn it down. Then they swapped to a American Express, and it gets turned down a lot. But mostly for business meals/office supplies, so I end up using cash and having to get the company to reimburse me. Adds up to more paper work for me. I asked a store one time why they didn't take it, I was told that American Express charges a higher usage rate then other cards do.

The only 2 places I know of that won't take an AMEX is Subway and Jacks. And I put over $350k a year on cards. Every purchase I make is on my AMEX. I can't tell you the last time I swiped my debit card, other than at an ATM.

Re:

Spark card...Spend 40-50k a month.

Sent from my A571VL using Tapatalk

ibrokeit said:
The only 2 places I know of that won't take an AMEX is Subway and Jacks. And I put over $350k a year on cards. Every purchase I make is on my AMEX. I can't tell you the last time I swiped my debit card, other than at an ATM.

The only time I use my debit is at the ATM too.

Have Bank of America and its ok but def Capital One Sparks is better $20-30k on BOA Sparks $10-15k

I have 4 cards

Amex Gold Business
Amex Gold personal
Southwest Airlines Chase Visa Business
Southwest Airlines Chase Visa personal

Only have the Visa's for where they dont take amex. those 4 cards, and my wife same amex and swa card cover our family vaca's each year on rewards back.

NTIDWELL said:
. Gas/diesel. Hotels. And. Home Depot / lowes

If you are like me at all and like to know your bills are paid, go with AMEX Gold. That is what we have company wide and never have issues with purchases any where. thumb.gif

Who has the best card for personal use? I really need to get one. I have a best buy card i've used it 3 times to get the 12 months financing they offer. Who pays all their bills on their cc then pays the bill off? My parents do that and have gotten some pretty cool stuff that way.