• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Best Business credit card

jeeptj99 said:
Who has the best card for personal use? I really need to get one. I have a best buy card i've used it 3 times to get the 12 months financing they offer. Who pays all their bills on their cc then pays the bill off? My parents do that and have gotten some pretty cool stuff that way.
All of my friends do that, as do I. Hell I wish I could pay my mortgage with a CC laughing1 Depends on how you are with money. If you treat it like a debit card and never put more on it than is in your account (watch your cc balance vs your bank balance and keep it right) then you will never have a problem. CC companies aren't huge because people pay in full every month, they are huge because you just go over $50, and then that much the next month, etc, now you have a snowball. If you can pay all your bills then pay in full every month there is not one single reason not to. If you live paycheck to paycheck and there is a chance you might be short, you have to use caution and really trust your wife laughing1

blacksheep10 said:
All of my friends do that, as do I. Hell I wish I could pay my mortgage with a CC laughing1 Depends on how you are with money. If you treat it like a debit card and never put more on it than is in your account (watch your cc balance vs your bank balance and keep it right) then you will never have a problem. CC companies aren't huge because people pay in full every month, they are huge because you just go over $50, and then that much the next month, etc, now you have a snowball. If you can pay all your bills then pay in full every month there is not one single reason not to. If you live paycheck to paycheck and there is a chance you might be short, you have to use caution and really trust your wife laughing1

Ha well **** i'm single.

I'm good with money, its tight but i watch my balance and check it a couple times a day (had someone steal my debit card numbers and made me paranoid about it). I pay mostly cash if i can anyway the main thing i would use the card for would be like groceries, cable, power, and fuel stuff i have to have.

Prices on goods are inflated to absorb the cost of cc/debit card processing. So paying cash and not getting the points/rewards % back is basically throwing money away.

I like discover. Been using them as my daily pay everything card for several years now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I pay everything but my mortgage and wife's jeep payment on my CC. Been pretty happy with my Capital One Venture card.

I had my debit card number stolen and the bank made me prove they weren't my purchases which is some serious **** when its on the othersideof the country (supposedly swiped) and something i had never purchased. That being said, I tipped big at Chilis one night since the bar tender basically let us drink for free and the CC fraud group emailed and called the next AM to ensure the bill was correct after they processed the tip amount. Debit card is just there as a back up now.

I have a Citi double cash card. 2% back on everything. 1% when I buy and 1% when I pay. $0 annual fee and I couldn't tell you what the interest rate is as I pay it off every month. I have had others I used just to get the initial cash offer then I cx'd them cause they are only 1%.

Re: Re: Best Business credit card

stano said:
I have a Citi double cash card. 2% back on everything. 1% when I buy and 1% when I pay. $0 annual fee and I couldn't tell you what the interest rate is as I pay it off every month. I have had others I used just to get the initial cash offer then I cx'd them cause they are only 1%.

Actually just received an offer in the mail for this one today. I was about to ask if anyone recommended it. I haven't been using credit cards and have been interested for a while about paying my bills with one. I wouldn't be spending anywhere near what previous posts have mentioned. Just normal monthly bills; power, cable/internet, cell phone, insurance, possibly gas and daily expenses. First question, do those type bills earn rewards? Next question, is it worth fooling with for such a small monthly total?

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

tyldyl12 said:
Actually just received an offer in the mail for this one today. I was about to ask if anyone recommended it. I haven't been using credit cards and have been interested for a while about paying my bills with one. I wouldn't be spending anywhere near what previous posts have mentioned. Just normal monthly bills; power, cable/internet, cell phone, insurance, possibly gas and daily expenses. First question, do those type bills earn rewards? Next question, is it worth fooling with for such a small monthly total?

Everytime you swipe your debit card, you are throwing away a minimum of 1% of purchase price. Is it worth it to grab a different card?

ibrokeit said:
Everytime you swipe your debit card, you are throwing away a minimum of 1% of purchase price. Is it worth it to grab a different card?
If I look at it like that, sure, it's definitely worth it. I overuse the piss out of my debit card. I've just been using it as a way to make sure that, if I don't have the money for something, I don't get it. I'm ready to start paying all my bills and slowly replace my debit card with a rewarding credit card.

As long as you are responsible enough to not spend more than you have, go for it. I've been doing the credit card rewards then for 3 years now and have never paid them any fee other than my annual membership fee thing.

jeeptj99 said:
Who has the best card for personal use? I really need to get one. I have a best buy card i've used it 3 times to get the 12 months financing they offer. Who pays all their bills on their cc then pays the bill off? My parents do that and have gotten some pretty cool stuff that way.
Chase freedom is a real good one. Has rotating categories that are actually useful. Right now is 5% back on gas. Discover IT is its competition. Discover is 5% back on gas right now.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

tyldyl12 said:
Actually just received an offer in the mail for this one today. I was about to ask if anyone recommended . First question, do those type bills earn rewards? Next question, is it worth fooling with for such a small monthly total?

They pay 2% on everything I have used it on. Internet orders, merchant swipes and phone orders. I haven't been able to pay my Loews bill with it, but that's because Lowes won't let you pay you account with any CC. But all my other suppliers are happy to take it. Ordering 5k worth of handrail this am over the phone, ca chinga, easy $100.......

stano said:
They pay 2% on everything I have used it on. Internet orders, merchant swipes and phone orders. I haven't been able to pay my Loews bill with it, but that's because Lowes won't let you pay you account with any CC. But all my other suppliers are happy to take it. Ordering 5k worth of handrail this am over the phone, ca chinga, easy $100.......

Thanks. I'm going to give it a try. It's supposed to be here in 7-10 days.

Iwe use one thru our credit union.... rewards are min. But the interest rate is like 6% max... if works better for us since itt normally has a larger balance

ibrokeit said:
I use a personal Amex Delta Platinum. The wife and I like to travel a lot so it works great for me. Charge $30k+ a month on it. Usually works out to roughly 2% return (can only spend with Delta) plus some other perks like 1 free domestic campanion ticket a year (basically buy one round trip flight in the US, cash or miles, and get one free), free bags, etc.

I also have a capital one Quicksilver card that I think is 1.5% but I only really use it for places that won't take Amex.

Ive changed my strategy. Got a new cash back card thats pretty great through alliant credit union.

3% Cash Back 1st year
2.5% Cash Back After 1st year
No cap on cash back
$59 per year fee, waived for 1st year

NTIDWELL said:
Ended up going with sparks card. Thanks for y'all s help
This is what i got. I have the 2% one. No issues and works great.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

bringing this back up.. what is the latest and greatest? mine won't be for business use, just finishing out a buggy,gas, groceries and whatnot.. not worried about the interest rates because I'll be paying it off every month as I go so I am more focused on the rewards