• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Best Place to Get Trailer?

By the time you put 20' of trailer on a set of 3500# axles and cheap china tires, you are usually at about 1/2 the load rating of the trailer BEFORE you add the 4000# buggy, 1000# of tools, 1000# of camping equipment....

Blah, blah....

If you are looking for a trailer, look for at least 5200# axles, that way you are not overloaded going 2100 miles each way.

That is why I got the 8 lug trailer. If i am going to haul something heavy like my Land Cruiser, I want the trailer ready.

It weighs 7000# dry.

wngrog said:
By the time you put 20' of trailer on a set of 3500# axles and cheap china tires, you are usually at about 1/2 the load rating of the trailer BEFORE you add the 4000# buggy, 1000# of tools, 1000# of camping equipment....

Blah, blah....

If you are looking for a trailer, look for at least 5200# axles, that way you are not overloaded going 2100 miles each way.

That is why I got the 8 lug trailer. If i am going to haul something heavy like my Land Cruiser, I want the trailer ready.

It weighs 7000# dry.

got that right

wngrog said:
And it would be junk.

Cheap steel enclosed trailers are junk. Not trying to sell you on mine, but just saying, if you buy an enclosed, plan on spending double that to get a good one.

This....

I have been there and done that.

I am stoked to have so many great opinions in this thread about quality of trailers and prices, when all I asked for was a trailer mfg near Bham. :flipper: For all those that posted and anyone in the market, I called Lawrimore, Lone Wolf, Bagget's, TrailerWorld, Better Built, etc. and they were all within a few $ of each other on a 20-22ft bumper pull. Thanks to Kingsnake I will be able to borrow a trailer to make KOH and have more time to shop and find what I want later on. ;D Thanks again thumb.gif

Baggettstrailerconnection.......if I spelled it right. Awesome quality, best price.....built a deckover bumperpull for my buggywhen I had it.......he's got a rig, so he knows what's up

KINGSNAKE said:
not a problem..but please stop all the nut swing jokes that I'll be getting over this

:tc

All this time of you e-harassing me paid off...

My old GN was from Bagget's BTW and it was nice except for the wiring job. I sold it to Draggbody, he can tell you how it is holding up.

KINGSNAKE said:
not a problem..but please stop all the nut swing jokes that I'll be getting over this

So :tc let's :tc see. :tc. All :tc your :tc jabs :tc at :tc Matt :tc were :tc just :tc to :tc get :tc a :tc date.

Damn you play hard to get. :flipoff1:

Matt,
I have had three different trailers built by Better Built in Double Springs. Call and ask for James, he is the owner. He can build it any way you want it. Good people to deal with. Tell him I told you to call and he will know you want better than his standard trailer. The one I have now is a 23' that he built. Go with the 5200lb axles for sure! I have never had a bearing failure from one of his trailers and mine has been all over the place. Best way to do it right is to go up there and he will personally spend time with you and show his trailers, but if you just do not have the time, call him. He can be hard to catch, but he will call you back.

I have had Caliber (made in AL) better built PJ, and now a Gatormade bumper pull I haul equipment on, and the betterbuilt was the nicest I have had for the money. My PJ gooseneck was 9 grand where the betterbuilt was like 3800. I bought it in Tuscaloosa. Had it in a week or two. My Gator is holding up okay. Its got 7k axles and I haul 10-13k lbs on it every week and it was dirt cheap.

Mike got his from Built Rite and the guy's name is Danny Daniels and his cell is 256-508-9300. He's a good guy and will treat you rite.

Yeah, I will continue looking when I get back from KOH. Longer than a 20ft trailer is custom build and not stocked, so it would be tight to get done before KOH.

bigsilly said:
That is a lot of trailer for a bumper pull....

Way too much for a one ton. That's 550/5500 territory and up. My 25+5 goose with tandem singles weighs over 5k empty. With a 100 gallon diesel tank, a buggy, and a Jeep, it's a load for the 3500 on 22.5's.

Wyatt, how much were the 22' and 24' featherlite bumper pull trailers I priced?

B Gillespie said:
Wyatt, how much were the 22' and 24' featherlite bumper pull trailers I priced?

The 22' was $7954, and +$400 for the 24' is what you told me out of Decatur, TX

They are way cheaper other places. Fosters qouted me $6600 for the 22' about a month ago with the raised floor.
Thats with 5200# torsions, and the trailer weighs less than 2500#

24' is a stupid long bumperpull. I mean a 32' Gooseneck has 24' of deck, and bumperpulls just dont pull like a goose.

Here is a 24' Featherlite in WV Buy It Now of $6995, but it doesnt have the raised deck. It has that damned lip all the way around.
But 7k axles so you've got more than 11k in capacity.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2011-FEATHERLITE-24-14K-ALUMINUM-HEAVYDUTY-CAR-TRAILER-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem27b7ff7298QQitemZ170590696088QQptZMotorsQ5fTrailers

But that said, I'm going to be buying a 22' Featherlite bumperpull to replace my 17'6" Featherlite some time in the nearish future. So I can bolt my racebox on the front, and still have 18' of deck.