• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Bouncer audio?

skipnrocks

What works well and is simple for audio systems in buggies? I do a lot of trail riding so being able to listen to music or run a CB through it will be ideal

Lol. Thanks. I have true dual full length exhaust with dual mufflers. My wife wasn't having the open header option. She sounds good but you can definitely talk to the person next to you

How much you want to spend? Want just music? Wetsound sound bar, super simple and loud, no bass. Can be had for around $600. Want some bass and all around sound, loud? Get JBL Marine headunit, Rockford amp, and some Rockford 282 wake tower speakers. Probably gonna spend $13-1500.

Both have the ups and downs, I've had both... I currently run the Wetsound just because it's all in 1 and simple

Re:

Several companies getting into the Bluetooth sound bar game, hopefully it will knock the prices down some. Check out MTX and Pro Armor. I have a Shark motorcycle system with two 4" speakers in my buggy but the first good pressure washing the controls stopped working and had to use the remote, still works fine like that though.

Sent from my Z750C using Tapatalk

Wetsounds all the way I have a stealth 10 in my open header buggy and can still hear it fine. And it's simple as can be 2 wires 2 bolts and your ready to go.

We are a dealer for them at work and I can get pretty good prices on them if anyone is interested shoot me a pm. we can get the pro armor brand also but I have no experience with them at all but I'm sure it's a good unit also.

Wet sounds if you don't care about $$ UA Boom speakers work great for $150 and you can take them anywhere you go.

Wetsounds is a high dollar setup but if u want good quality sound system that's water/weather proof and u are starting from scratch ie putting a sound system in a buggy. U can't go wrong.

By the time u buy some sort of head unit/amp Bluetooth adaptor speakers and all the crap to mount/wire it up u are in the 500 dollar rage if u went with cheap stuff. Unless u go with all the off brand junk that won't last and u can't hear.

How would the wet sounds bars hold up to being in the elements full time? In the middle of having a swimming pool put in and thought about using the wet sounds bar for some sound by the pool?? Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a buddy that leaves his sxs outside 98% of the time an his still works great and it's been treated the same way for about a year. I don't leave mine outside but I do pressure wash the mud and grime out of it almost every weekend and it's been doing fine.

NOVI FED COUPE said:
How would the wet sounds bars hold up to being in the elements full time? In the middle of having a swimming pool put in and thought about using the wet sounds bar for some sound by the pool?? Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chuck I am not sure unless you dropped it under the eve of the house how it would work out for you. Donnie had one in his buggy that we carried out to KOH last year, works great, but we pressure washed it before backdoor challenge and it killed the bar. They are water resistant not water proof.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Shark Motorcycle Audio. I am fixing to put a set in mine. Never heard of them until this week but a guy at work got some for his UTV and they are loud and waterproof. Bluetooth to a phone and you have tunes. The set I am looking at even has a subwoofer input. :woot:

I wanted the crawler tunes cans, but I ended up grabbing some bazooka tower speakers before those were available. They have been great, paired with a marine amp and a powered bazooka tube for some bass.

For a bouncer, I don't think the speaker bar can be beat. Unless you just go with really cheap parts, you won't be far off the price of the bar by the time you get the amp, speakers, etc.