• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Brads buggy / car build

kid rok said:
Thanks for the fuel info.
The quick disconnects are regular air hose fittings. I have had alot of guys tell me they will probably start leaking. I have one on my gas tank as well. I have fuel in it and I'm testing it out to see if it leaks. It's been a week and no leak yet. If they do leak, I think I can install an Oring thats rated for fuel or trans fluid and be ok. I also have one on my transfercase drain plug. I can plug my fill tank to it and fill it up or hook a hose to it and drain it without having to make a big mess.
As far as the idea, I'm a carpenter and have been using them for years on air hoses.

if you put some vasoline in the quick connect the lube will keep the o-ring from deteriorating as fast, dielectric grease will work also

Well boyz, I got the engine in and it's running. I had acouple of small issues.
1. I forgot how tight the engine was to get in.
2. I had to drill and tap the factory oil sending unit to accept my oil pressure guage. It's manual
3. I couldn't get fuel to the plugs to fire. a quick call to Travis and problem solved. ( stuck injectors)
Things that freaking worked well.
My Z71 radiator worked awsome I ordered stock hoses for it and they are almost a direct bolt in. I had to trim alittle off the ends and wala.
All though I haven't ran it up and down the road yet, my trans goes into gear and seems pretty strong.
None of my QD are leaking yet loller.gif
I was able to use a stock throttle cable off an 89 toyota.

All in all, it has came together great. My dad is taking it to get the hydraulic hoses ran tomorrow and I am going to get the exhaust ran Friday.
Hopefully by Wenesday I can get a few pics of it in full drag.

Yo know your hardcore when your shakedown run is the Hammers and it's freaking two days drive to get there. Damn I love this ****.
It's about to be on.

Your crazy as ****... but yea, were would the fun be if you didnt have a challenge in making it all work out !

I hope it all goes gravy for you and you get to beat the piss out of it, you have done work you deserve it buddy thumb.gif

holy ****ing ****... you guys are NEVER going to beleive what this pig weighs!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: i promised i wouldnt spill it but ****.... shoulda just built the cage out of solid bar.... brad should be home in an hour or so....

draggbody said:
holy ****ing ****... you guys are NEVER going to beleive what this pig weighs!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: i promised i wouldnt spill it but ****.... shoulda just built the cage out of solid bar.... brad should be home in an hour or so....

Thats a bullshit post and you know it ! :flipoff1: Cmon mang !! He hasnt even posted and updated pics or poser forklift pics or anything ! molaugh

holy ****ing ****... you guys are NEVER going to beleive what this pig weighs!!! i promised i wouldnt spill it but ****.... shoulda just built the cage out of solid bar.... brad should be home in an hour or so....

Thats a bullshit post and you know it ! Cmon mang !! He hasnt even posted and updated pics or poser forklift pics or anything !
Posted on: Today at 06:50:39 PMPosted by: draggbody

#3820, loller.gif oh ya suckers read it and weap. Thats with 1/4 wall and 3/16 wall on any bar that can touch a rock.

Pulled it off the trailer and drove it up and down the road climbed some small hills and semi jumped it. damn this thing is going to be awsome. Way more power than my last rig.
Jimmy drove it out of the shop bay and took off to test it out. He hit a 8"+- curve pretty fast. the tires have about 20 pounds in em so he got jared a little. I got a little bit of video, and will try and post it up by tomorrow evening.

I also want to thank Jimmy for doing my exhaust. He pretty much worked on it all day, plus he custom fit a K/N air filter kit for my buggy. Every thing came out great and he made sure the exhaust was right. If your near Columbus it's worth taking your junk to him.

P said:
Thats a bullshit post and you know it ! :flipoff1: Cmon mang !! He hasnt even posted and updated pics or poser forklift pics or anything ! molaugh

haha... it was on purpose, just like me talking brad into not posting me flogging the **** out in the urban rock course, i almost rolled it, and did a 3 gear burnout... suckers :flipoff1: :flipoff1: :flipoff1:

i was VERY pleased w/ the exhaust and the impromptu cold air intake that looks like he built the buggy around... nice to spend someone elses money charging by the hour... loller.gif but seriously its nice to work on something besides late model trucks and donks.... i had a lot of fun today....

Hmmm... I need something better exhaust wise on my rig too, maybe Ill have to tow my unit to you and come back with some old sheetmetal for the Rusty Mistake ! :afro:

( and drop off a cozy heater ! ) thumb.gif

ry%3D320.jpg

ry%3D320.jpg

Killer, lookin' good.

aight, having wheeled on other suspensions. what are your thoughts on your struts? What pressure top and bottom are your running.

ry%3D320.jpg

ry%3D320.jpg

ry%3D320.jpg

I tested it out Saturday, and really ran it hard. First I did a little hill climbing and some terrace jumping. At this time I hadn't adjusted the struts and it bottomed out a few times and unloaded up the hills. In turns it leaned a little more than I would like. Got it back home and injected nitrogen per Kelly's instructions. Then headed off to a construction site about 3 miles away. On the highway it handled great no leans in the turns and it drove down the road at about 50 mph fairly well. At the construction site we worked it pretty hard. I did alot of fast turns some high speed rough stuff. Tryed to find a jump , but nothing had an approach that was smooth enough. Well that didn't stop us from trying, we hit one jump and got a bad hop right at take off. It sent the rear end way up in the air and almost front endode. Luckily it drove out of it and all was well. All in all it worked better than I could ever hope far. I've been driving it around the hood over the weakend, and it's still working great. A few leaks have popped up, nothing major just a loose fitting or two. The only thing that bothers me it has a bad vibration when I let off the gas and coast. My old rig did the same thing. Don't know exactly where it's coming from , but it's deffinitly in the drive train somewhere. It sounds like it's the front out put on the transfer case , but again it's hard to pin point exactly where it's coming from.

aight, having wheeled on other suspensions. what are your thoughts on your struts? What pressure top and bottom are your running
As of now the struts are the bomb. I think their more for high speed wheelin than rock crawlin. They don't unload like coil overs do and they really work well in turns and help stop lean. Mine are a little stiff when I hit a small bump but they seem to work great over the larger bumps. I still need to do alot of tuning to keep them from bottoming out, but I set them up close to yours. I put 160 in the bottom and 120 in the top. I need a little more bump stop though.