• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Broke pos splined lug nut socket....need another one

TacomaJD said:
Can always count on you guys for real advice :****: :Joc:
I gave you the easiest best way to fix this problem! Seriously do you know anyone near you that's sober and has a welder? Clamp that pos back round spot weld it down the crack let it cool then grind the welds down till it will fit inside the wheel!

Once you get if off, put something "normal" back on in its place. I hate those things. I seriously doubt you will come out one day and see it sitting on blocks

al1tonyota said:
I gave you the easiest best way to fix this problem! Seriously do you know anyone near you that's sober and has a welder? Clamp that pos back round spot weld it down the crack let it cool then grind the welds down till it will fit inside the wheel!

My dad! Might give it to him and let him carry it to work and weld it up. I just need it to last long enough to tighten the last three lug nuts up, then take all 4 wheels back off once I order new wheels and tires in a couple weeks, and maybe they will come with normal lug nuts.

I tried to post the same dang pic steveo did of my mac tools kit. Advance carries that socket, but you have to buy the lug nuts to get it. Or find a tool truck and buy one.

grcthird said:
I tried to post the same dang pic steveo did of my mac tools kit. Advance carries that socket, but you have to buy the lug nuts to get it. Or find a tool truck and buy one.

A buddy of mine drives a Snap on truck! Might check with him if dad welds this one and it doesn't hold up.

Re: Re: Broke pos splined lug nut socket....need another one

al1tonyota said:
At you using an impact on the lugs? Gayzrz don't take much torque hell you will break/strip the studs too!
Pull bar, my fault. Def overtightened. Lol not so tight next time.

Looks like ole pops weld job held up. Hopefully will have new wheels and tires in next week, along with new lug nuts. Going ahead and starting on the forward arm install now. Ready to see this hog on some 30's!

e9b62e4b90159b11e31f6012c42e45af.jpg

5a33f973957a9b005d7f70a123a24e64.jpg